Football Peyton Manning MVP...Again, Tell me what you think

Chris Johnson should have had some consideration. 11 games in a row with 100+ rushing yards. No doubt Peyton is the MVP, but no Chris Johnson votes is crazy.

After looking at the facts...Manning is great but only MVP because of 14-2

Ground Support said:
Chris Johnson should have had some consideration. 11 games in a row with 100+ rushing yards. No doubt Peyton is the MVP, but no Chris Johnson votes is crazy.

Chris Johnson should have some votes here...11 games plus 100+ yards and 5.4 yards per carry and 14 tds.

Manning on the other hand threw for 270 less yards then Matt Shaub had one less touchdown then Brees and was tied for seventh with Matt Cassel with 16 INTs. I am sorry but those stats do not warrant that amount of votes for Manning.

The Colts had 7 wins by four or less points.

But I don't do the voting so Congrats Peyton.:dance9:

Peyton is great and definately a future HOF as well. But i agree with the above post. I think that Chris Johnson Definately should have gotten the Nod instead. But once again Congrats Peyton.

Congratulations Peyton Manning!:party3:

I saw him as the clear favorite, won every game they needed him to in the regular season. Undefeated in every game he was allowed to play all the way through. Most of the colts wins, came from late game heroics by manning.

While some might argue he didn't have the greatest individual stats, his role was extremely limited in the last (2) games of the season. The one stat you must remember is 14 - 2 Best Record in all of Football.

Question for the naysayers 14-2, did Manning put the team there or did the team put Manning there?

As for Chris Johnson, he become consistent when Vince Young was starting. He did have a great year, but I am not even sure if he is the MVP on that team. Leading your team to 8-8 is not MVP material, when the teams true MVP (Vince Young) was on the bench, Johnson led the team to 0-6. In 1984 Eric Dickerson had 2105 yrds rushing (single season record), with 5.6 yrds per carry and 14 TDS. Fittingly he lost out on the MVP to a quarterback named Marino.

I hope the JETS sTOMP the Colts!

Hey coach Caldwell look up! :fight4:
-JUSTICE SERVED-

Prosper said:
Congratulations Peyton Manning!:party3:

I saw him as the clear favorite, won every game they needed him to in the regular season. Undefeated in every game he was allowed to play all the way through. Most of the colts wins, came from late game heroics by manning.

While some might argue he didn't have the greatest individual stats, his role was extremely limited in the last (2) games of the season. The one stat you must remember is 14 - 2 Best Record in all of Football.

Question for the naysayers 14-2, did Manning put the team there or did the team put Manning there?

As for Chris Johnson, he become consistent when Vince Young was starting. He did have a great year, but I am not even sure if he is the MVP on that team. Leading your team to 8-8 is not MVP material, when the teams true MVP (Vince Young) was on the bench, Johnson led the team to 0-6. In 1984 Eric Dickerson had 2105 yrds rushing (single season record), with 5.6 yrds per carry and 14 TDS. Fittingly he lost out on the MVP to a quarterback named Marino.

I hope the JETS sTOMP the Colts!

Hey coach Caldwell look up! :fight4:
-JUSTICE SERVED-

Best stat 14-2 in Football??Brady and the Pats 16-0 alot better.:party3:

You have to give it to him! With the surrounding cast he had(s), or the lack of, you can't give it to anyone else. I'm not saying his line or offensive mates can't do it without him................................... ahhhhhhh Yes I am! They couldn't have done it without him!!

jonsportscardz said:
Best stat 14-2 in Football??Brady and the Pats 16-0 alot better.:party3:

Pats 10-6 alot worse IMO. Unfortunately for you prior seasons do not count for the 2009 MVP award. :dotdotdot:

Tom.gif

Back