Basketball Paul reportedly out 1-2 weeks

GotGibson?

Bench Warmer
Chris Paul had to be helped off the court by teammates after apparently spraining his left ankle late in the third quarter of the Hornets' 86-78 loss to the Portland Trail Blazers on Friday night.

Paul left the arena on crutches, saying he would not play Saturday night in Atlanta and beyond that could not be sure about how serious the injury was.

"I hate to watch and I hate to know that I'm going to miss a game," said Paul, who said he expected about 75 friends and relatives to attend the Atlanta game. "They just took X-rays. I don't know anything."

According to media reports, Paul could miss time beyond Saturday.

The Times-Picayune reported that according to a team source, Paul could miss as much as two weeks. And Yahoo! Sports, citing NBA sources, reported that Paul is expected to miss one to two weeks.

Moments after setting up Hilton Armstrong's dunk, Paul appeared to land on Joel Przybilla's foot, before falling hard to the court and writhing in pain. It was the same ankle the New Orleans' star point guard twisted earlier in the week during a victory in Los Angeles over the Clippers.

Paul had been struggling throughout the game, going 1 of 8 from the field in the Hornets' first game since the firing of coach Byron Scott. Paul had three points, eight assists and five rebounds when he left the game and the Hornets were trailing 62-52 at the time.

Hopefully he'll rest up and not try to come back to quick. Start buying his stuff, should take a small price drop and hope he comes back stronger than ever.

Back