Hockey New To Collecting, some questions

CM1010

Bench Warmer
Hi,

After many years since I was a collector as a kid I have just taken my first step towards becoming a serious collector and bought my first box of cards. I purchased a box of Upper Deck-Series One and had some questions I hope you may be able to answer. I am new to collecting and I hope that I'm not breaking any rules on the forum.

1) Is there any way to purchase specific rookie/All World/Draft Day Gem packs or are we supposed to keep buying boxes in hope of getting lucky or buying them singly on Ebay, etc.

2) In this specific series I got a checklist that says that Letang is #48, but my Malkin cards are labeled #48.

3) What's up with this series not having some superstar players like Zetterberg, Parise, Ovechkin or Heatley in their respective teams? It seems weird that they are not included in the series.

4) What's the difference between the Series 1 and Series 2 cards? Is Series 2 just a reprint of Series 1 or a whole new set altogether?

5) Just for comparison my box had 2 All World, 2 Brodeur hockey Heroes, 1 Face of the Franchise, 2 Season Highlights, 2 Top Guns, 1 Draft Day Gem as well as three lower rookie cards - Tavares, Leino, Kane and three from the second round. Also got a McCabe and Malkin jersey card. Good box? Normal Box?

I appreciate any feedback as I start collecting,
Cheers

Back