Misprint/Error Cards

I started collecting back in the day when Fleer and Donruss were just starting to produce sets again (early 80's). They had just won a court case against Topps and began producing sets as quickly as possible to get them on to the market. Sadly both companies made errors on numerous cards. At the time they were hot commodities but now not so much. I think I still have dozens of them stashed somewhere.

I have accumulated many throughout the years ....perhaps the worst was pinnacle inside....cards that were in a can all the cards in the interior were half of one player half of another the only cool thing about them was I could put them together like a puzzle ......most errors if uncorrected don't really hold much value but there are some that do because the few errors caught early and corrected there had been a few that got onto the secondary market example the no name Frank Thomas Topps rookie at one time prices were sky high but now prices have really died down and you can pick them up for a song so to speak......

The very first boxes I bought were from a set notorious for errors: 1990 Donruss baseball. I bought many boxes, and have several of the errors, but none are particularly valuable at a couple bucks apiece.

I don't think they would be too rare/expensive, but definitely uncommon nowadays. They are pretty cool - it shows the imperfection, which it makes it seem more human.

I have a 1991 Topps baseball Chris Hoiles, "White Inner Border" A pretty rare error as they were corrected early on.
I also have a 1991 Topps baseball Chris Hoiles, error with the wrong back. The back is 1990 Topps football Ferrell Edmunds Miami Dolphins. Not sure of the rarity of this one as I have not seen any others like it.
I also have many others from different sports, and manufactures.

I have a few misprint and error cards of Rickey Henderson. The biggest on being his 1980 Topps RC It is an uncorrected error. It lists the wrong total of steals for one of his minor league seasons.

Back