*MASSIVE* Trade went down Holmes for Big Ben and Hines

Blitzburgh

Bench Warmer
This was the first trade I have ever been involved with. I traded with Wheeler281 (huge Steelers collector). We went back and forth, I should say I went back and forth on this one, but took the bait. I couldnt pass it up... He was very gracious with his offer. It knocks off 2 of the biggest cards in Steelers history for me....

Although I busted my *** on that Santonio Collection, I've gotta say this put my Hines Collection through the roof and got me some if not the best Ben Rookie Season card there was...

Thanks to Howard for the deal!

I gave him:
Santonio Holmes SPA #1/1, 1/5,25/25,and 3 #/399
Both NT logos #1/1

for the following:

#17/25 SOO6 RC LEAF LIMITED PHENOMS
SANTONIO HOLMES
thedeal012.jpg

#1/5 HINES WARD GRIDIRON 2007 5 COLOR AUTO PATCH
thedeal019.jpg

2004 RC PRESS PASS GAME USED PATCH AUTO
BEN ROETHLISBERGER #9/25
CENT 9.5 EDGE 9 CORNERS 8.5 SURFACE 9.5
10 AUTO
thedeal007.jpg

2004 UPPERDECK REFLECTIONS SIGNATURE THREADS #75/99
BEN ROETHLISBERGER
CENT 9.5 EDGES 9.5 CORNERS 9.5 SURFACE 9.5
10 MINT AUTO

thedeal014.jpg

2004 RC ULTIMATE COLLECTION
PSA GEM MINT 10 AUTO

thedeal016.jpg

then

this

bad

boy................

1998 PLAYOFF CONTENDER MINT 9
HINES WARD ROOKIE
**ONLY 3 EVER MADE THIS HIGH OF A GRADE**
also probably the best centered auto of the 3
with the entire "H" on the card clear...

thedeal017.jpg

and

to top it off

Ben Roethlisberger SP AUTHENTIC
GOLD ROOKIE AUTO PATCH
#11/25
10 CENTERING
9.5 CORNERS
9.5 EDGES
10 SURFACE
10 AUTO

thedeal003.jpg

thedeal004.jpg

I think if Big Ben does well this season, you will be way ahead on the trade! Although I don't know how much Holmes goes for, you gave up 3 1/1s.

i saw what wheeler got on another board.
nice to see what you got, i think you got the better end too:salut::salut::salut:

at first i was thinking you gave up too much on the holmes 1/1 aspect, but i think you came out further ahead in the end.

very sweet trade. now if you could just get big ben to work on his auto so you can read it clearly, that would be super

as a steelers fan i think i would have done the trade too. i love holmes (osu fan as well) but big ben is my favorite player and its hard to come by really nice hines ward stuff! great trade for both ends, nice cards indeed!

tough deal to do, especially since there's so much invested on your part with santonio. just hope he doesn't blow up this season.

i'm impartial to this deal, because the jags / chargers AND browns are all better than the steelers.

glad you're happy though :salut:

I could never make a trade with that many high end cards in it. I'd be too scared that down the road I would be kicking myself. Having said that I think you got a great deal!

Thanks guys, Wheeler knew he was trading in my faovr, and he knew thats what it was going to take to get the Holmes stuff. We are both very happy with what we ebded up with....

That Ultimate PSA10 auto is just S I C K in person. Here I am the next day still stoked about the deal, so I guess it means Im happy!

The SPA, Ultimate, Reflections and Hines Contenders are just SO CLEAN in person... Never really was into graded stuff, but these cards are VERY cool to have...

yes you gave up a lot, but look what you got in return. I believe you got the better end of the deal. No matter really what Santonio Holmes does his cards will never set the world on fire with value. Due to the fact he is a reciever and their cards hardly ever do crap. Even thou I can't stand worthlessberger. His cards do have to room to rise and you did get some big ones. So congratulations you did good I say. :clap:

Back