Manziel, The Redskins, The Officials, or NFL... whose at fault here?

ranbethscards

NASCAR products are back baby!!!!! oh yeah!
In case you were not watching the Browns/Redskins game last night or have not heard the sports world news this morning...

During Monday Night Football the Redskins side line were shouting comments to Manziel, who decided to make an unsportsman-like finger gesture to the Redskins side line.

NO penalty was called (what? no unsportsman-like conduct flag thrown?)

The League WILL fine Manziel (according to the major networks covering the story this morning)... but who is really at fault here?

- Manziel, who obviously needs to grow up

- The Redskins for shouting at Manziel

- The Officials who could have stepped in prior to the gesture and warned the Redskins side line

- The NFL for knowing that Manziel's attitude needs to be put in check.

Just something to think about this morning and comment on.

KEEP ALL COMMENTS CLEAN...

I'm sure there would have been a flag had the refs seen it...they don't see everything. They missed it. However, the cameras didn't and I'm sure the NFL will fine him.

Who's at fault? Johnny...he needs to grow up. They want him to be the leader of that team and right now he is proving he lacks the maturity to do it.

I'm sure there would have been a flag had the refs seen it...

Awwww... but the officials (at least one) DID see it. Watch the replay. An official walks past Little Johnny as he is giving the one finger waive to the side line.

My thinking on the "non-call"... the NFL took alot of heat this past weekend for the flags being thrown for every little thing... so maybe the league told the officials to "relax" a little and don't throw the flag for every little thing? Just my thought.

Awwww... but the officials (at least one) DID see it. Watch the replay. An official walks past Little Johnny as he is giving the one finger waive to the side line.
I just went back and watched it. An official does walk back (across the screen from left to right) behind Johnny. But, he is behind Johnny and walking perpendicular to him looking straight ahead (towards where the ball was thrown). The play is over so there is no reason to suspect anything. Honestly, I doubt he saw it.

But, that's just my personal opinion.

I just went back and watched it. An official does walk back (across the screen from left to right) behind Johnny. But, he is behind Johnny...

It's True! However... he walks behind Johnny AFTER Johnny crossed his path... sorry... thinking that this is going to fall under the "Tebow Rule" where he's the new savior (for lack of a better word) of football and the league wants to protect the guy?

Playing devils-advocate... so don't hate me!

It's True! However... he walks behind Johnny AFTER Johnny crossed his path... sorry... thinking that this is going to fall under the "Tebow Rule" where he's the new savior (for lack of a better word) of football and the league wants to protect the guy?

Playing devils-advocate... so don't hate me!
You might be right...I hope not.

Either way...it tells me he is clearly not ready to lead a team. By now, he should have figured out that the media is watching his every move and you can't do things like that. Early on I thought he would learn...I'm starting to wonder if he will.

That said, IMHO his play last night (for the most part) looked pretty poor as well...not that Hoyer looked any better. Personally, I would think Hoyer is going to get the nod...I'd take experience/good attitude/poor play over inexperience/bad attitude/poor play any day.

speaking of last night's play... the fourth string/practice squad QB looked good at the end of the game... but we all know that if he had won the game at the end (loved the "let's go for two to win!" attitude of the Browns), he still would NOT have been given the nod over Hoyer or Manziel.

speaking of last night's play... the fourth string/practice squad QB looked good at the end of the game... but we all know that if he had won the game at the end (loved the "let's go for two to win!" attitude of the Browns), he still would NOT have been given the nod over Hoyer or Manziel.
I will admit, Connor Shaw looked good...and he was a very good QB in college. I thought he looked the most polished of all the QBs for Cleveland. I know it was against poor competition...but he might find a job somewhere.

Back