Lost my box of cards!

dashcol

Pro
Transactions
5.00 star(s)
So I made the decision a few months ago to get out of the hobby.

I started separating all the cards I had into 4 boxes.

First was the stuff I was going to keep (Mauer, Ohtani and HOF graded rookies). I still have this box.

Second was all the base and garbage cards. I still have this box.

Third was a box of low end inserts, a bunch of base that had yet to be sorted, and huge amount of random rookies. This was given away.

Fourth was all the stuff that was worth something that I needed to eventually work on trading/selling. This was all the big name rookies, graded and raw vintage cards, decent inserts, autos and relics.

This box has gone missing! No where to be found in the house!!! I know I wanted out of the hobby, but this has been killing me to not find it!

Probably $2-3k worth of stuff that is just gone to the wind.

Anyone else ever misplace a box of stuff, but then find it a while later? That’s what I am hoping happens.

Relax your mind. Quit thinking about the box. Really quit thinking about the box. Go about your duties, errands and general life. Give it a week. See what pops up. Works for me just about as much as power rebooting a janky piece of electronics does, which is to say a fair amount. Good luck.

@dashcol

I agree with what @Calsp3 said, just go about your daily life and it may well turn up right where and when you least expect it!

All the best!

Kevin

Relax your mind. Quit thinking about the box. Really quit thinking about the box. Go about your duties, errands and general life. Give it a week. See what pops up. Works for me just about as much as power rebooting a janky piece of electronics does, which is to say a fair amount. Good luck.

@dashcol

I agree with what @Calsp3 said, just go about your daily life and it may well turn up right where and when you least expect it!

All the best!

Kevin

Great advice guys! It is just cardboard, it’s just frustrating to know you have something and can’t find it.

You are both right though, it will randomly pop up as soon as you no longer are looking for it.

I agree with the above, things are often found when you are not concentrating on them. We all misplace stuff. I had a guy have me come metal detect his front yard for his keys in the winter and we could not find them. He found them in his fridge. LOL. :). How they got there is a mystery, so maybe check the fridge. LOL. They will turn up and then it will hit you, oh I placed them here. Duhhhh! :)

I agree with the above, things are often found when you are not concentrating on them. We all misplace stuff. I had a guy have me come metal detect his front yard for his keys in the winter and we could not find them. He found them in his fridge. LOL. :). How they got there is a mystery, so maybe check the fridge. LOL. They will turn up and then it will hit you, oh I placed them here. Duhhhh! :)
@northicehero99

Hilarious!! In his fridge, of all places! You are right though, I have set so many things down in odd places when my mind is distracted, and then I come back and think "why did I put that down right there??"

Its all good @dashcol , I get the frustration though for sure!!

Cheers!

Kevin

That’s hilarious! When I lived somewhere with snow, this happened a few times to me. They would fall out of pockets and then be lost for hours! I learned quickly the keys went into a zipable pocket.

Just to make sure, I did just go check the fridge and freezer with no luck. So, I also checked the garage fridge and freezer….still nothing. At least I can say I checked it though!

This happens to me every time I post a trade, LOL... The worst thing ever for me was when I had a salt water tank. I put the brine shrimp on top of the fridge for some God unknown reason instead of back in the freezer. Got a smell brewing and couldn't find where it was coming from. About a week later when it was time to give the fish a treat again I was like where did the shrimp go?????? Then was like OHHHHHHHHH...

This happens to me every time I post a trade, LOL... The worst thing ever for me was when I had a salt water tank. I put the brine shrimp on top of the fridge for some God unknown reason instead of back in the freezer. Got a smell brewing and couldn't find where it was coming from. About a week later when it was time to give the fish a treat again I was like where did the shrimp go?????? Then was like OHHHHHHHHH...
My grandfather was big into salt water tanks. When I was a kid, I would love to help him feed the fish with brine shrimp.

He would always get on me about getting. The shrimp back in the freezer after a break off what I was going to feed them. It never made sense to me why he was so adimate about it, but now I get it.

Back