looking for a gift

he loves all 4 sports id say football baseball hockey hoops in that order i was looking at sage hits stuff i was big into collecting way back in the day but not up on new stuff but getting back into it

To find a DECENT Hobby Box, any sport, for around $40 is going to be hard. You might check with someone like blowoutcards.com to see what they may have in that range.

As far as SAGE, the week the product comes out the items are "hot", but eventually you will post up your traders and nobody will look at your postings because it is SAGE. Not a highly collectable product.

Last edited:
When you say hobby box, do you mean the ones marked "hobby" on the outside or simply a sportscard box? I don't think any hobby boxes would be available for less than $85 or so, and that's even at the discount vendors.

i see a bunch of hobby boxs on ebay under 40 of course not the top tier stuff but boxes with autos & inserts in them. when i say hobby box i mean non retail pack boxes isee stuff like 98-08 UD, 2014 panini stars & rookie longevity team best signature series when i was collecting there was no such thing as inserts lol errors were the big hit like the F you ripken

Last edited:
One thing to remember is... if the box says "One Autograph or Game-Used Per Box On Average", that does not guarantee you will get a HIT. What that does mean is... if you have ten boxes there will be ten hits, but there is a chance that at least one box will have ZERO hits and one box will have two hits.

Heck, with my luck, I could purchase nine of the boxes and get ZERO hits and the one box I didn't purchase would have TEN hits!

Back