Lesson Re-learned, Upper Deck blasters...

seahawks4ever

Bench Warmer
DISCLAIMER: I am not looking for pity or anything. I know blasters suck. I am posting this for other people who may buy blasters for whatever reason.

I decided to give Upper Deck one, last, chance. I know that UD has not done anything in retail over the last....well forever and I had sworn off UD completely. Busted 4 boxes of this stuff at $20 a pop. I was just going to buy one but I wanted to give them a real fighting chance. Even topps manages to get some kind of auto about 1 in 4 blaster boxes.

Two stacks of base cards.

No autos.

4 numbered cards. One in each box. The 4 'hits' were:

Frank Gore Draft History 108/125
Anthony Heygood (Purdue) 73/75
LeSean McCoy (Pitt) 34/50
Ian Johnson (Boise St.) 4/10

So, once again, word to the wise:

When buying hobby, buy DLP/Panini, when buying retail buy Topps, when you want a swift kick in the junk, buy Upper Deck.

Owwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwch :doh:

At least one of the cards was #/10.....?

That was the only bright spot as far as I'm concerned. I watrched that Oklahoma/Boise State game with my dad and the hook and ladder play, followed by the statue of liberty was unreal. Then I remember Chris Myers totally screwing up his proposal after that game.

i want to say dave pulled to jsys out of the blaster case he got at nationals for like $50 or $60...i didnt pull crap out of the 2-3 boxes i busted...

blasters are usually a waste of money like 90% of boxes out there :salut:

I pulled a Plax (now with Rob) and a Reggie Bush (with Kelly, maybe :scratch). I loved that '06 UD Blaster case. Cheap as hell too :salut:

Back