Keselowski and Stewart Fined

ranbethscards

NASCAR products are back baby!!!!! oh yeah!
NOT what I expected... I was thinking the hammer would drop on K-ski. This is a slap on the hand for K-ski and, in my humble opinion, a slap in the face to the other drivers involved, to all the other drivers and to the NASCAR fans.

Keselowski was fined $50,000 and placed on probation through Nov. 12, a span of the next four races in the Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup postseason. Officials fined Stewart $25,000 and issued a probation of the same length.

The penalties fell under the NASCAR Rule Book headings of Section 12-1: Actions detrimental to stock car racing and 12-4.9: Behavioral penalty -- involved in post-race incidents.

Not what I expected either. Matt got nothing even after hunting Brad down and jumping him. Nascar is such a joke anymore. Sad part is this with Nascar decision (or lack off) this will not help the clouds over Tony.
I think I am done with Nascar and I'll stick will NHRA.

what really got to me is how K-ski's crew let Kenseth get by them and go after K-ski... and let him take a small whooping before they showed up to stop Kenseth. Thinking maybe his crew is starting to get tired of his tactics?

I think the right move was to fine Keselowski $50K, and Tony, Denny, and Matt $25K each. I'm not a fan of the 14 car, but in all fairness, he was sitting on pit road, probably with his belts, and Hans off, when he got clobbered by Dumbski. His reaction to back up into Idiotski wasn't that over-the-top, IMO. Hamlin should have been fined for break checking the 2 car on the cool down lap, and chasing him in the pits after the 2 car tried to dump him. Although Kenseth was minding his own business when he got clobbered in the pits with his belts, and safety stuff off, he should have got something for attacking the idiot between the haulers, although I can't say I blame him, Hamlin, or Stewart for retaliating. Nascar got this all wrong. Brad should have been parked for at least a race, and fined heavily, and probation, the other 3 should have got a smaller fine, and probation for the rest of the year. That is the right call in my mind. Nip it in the bud.

Last edited:
Back