Racing Johnson eases to record 4th All-Star victory

S

SCF Sports News

Jimmie Johnson became the first four-time winner of NASCAR's annual All-Star race Saturday night at Charlotte Motor Speedway.

More...

Jimmie sure loves the 1.5 mile tracks, and he sure loves Charlotte, so look for him to be a factor next weekend for the Coca Cola 600. Kurt Busch looked good, too. Can't wait for the race.

...and surprise, surprise... Danica was voted in as the "Fan Favorite". Really? all she did was hang to the rear of the race. Never had a chance to break the Top 10 and her best finish was the final segment when she finished 19 (of course that only happened because Biffle and Ragan ended up taking their cars to the garage).

Now, what really has me scratching my head... the commentators all had Johnson outside the Top Ten for the final 10 laps. Everything I am reading this morning shows Johnson easily averaging a finish of 6.5, but the commentators were saying that Johnson ...nevermind... I'll just sit here and try to figure it all out.

...and speaking of Johnson, during driver introductions... the crowd sure did BOOOOOOO Johnson... huh? thought he was a fan favorite?

Back