Racing Joey Logano Wins The Pocono 400

Leafsfan1967

Bench Warmer
STORY: http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/news/joe...nascar.html;_ylt=AtyssNUz2kXidyipfUvDMPJfbwM6

RESULTS: http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/nascar/sprint/races/7/leaderboard;_ylt=Aqq_VkZEjPLEGQSGZNsMTEBfbwM6

SEASON STANDINGS: http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/nascar/sprint/races/7/livestandings

24eef90f7dbe3f81950bf0599718111b-getty-146112559.jpg

ap-201206101349497905363.jpg

ap-201206101548568966018.jpg

ap-201206101548569296024.jpg

ap-201206101558574876053.jpg

I'm not gonna lie I was so hoping Mark Martin could pull out the win, but a strong 2nd place finish for him is great. Such a classy guy, when he was asked about it he totally ignored that, and went on to talk about how he was trying to win so hard, and how good his car, and team was. He could of just as easily said something negative about the way Logano moved him, but he didn't. 2 thumbs up for a class act.

New points leader is Matt Kenseth who holds a 10 point lead over Dale Jr., and a 16 point lead over Greg Biffle. New paved track at MIS next weekend should be another fast race, and maybe another track record for qualifying.

...and of course we have this report from USA Today:

Earnhardt Jr., who entered the race mired in a 142-race winless streak, led 31 laps but was burned by the timing of late caution flags and finished eighth.

A debris caution on lap 124 of 160 brought most of the field into the pits, and Earnhardt was still six laps short of reaching the finish after the stop.

NASCAR's most popular driver pitted during another yellow on lap 137 for a crash involving Kasey Kahne. Armed with fresh tires on his No. 88 Chevrolet, Earnhardt charged from 15th to eighth after a lap 144 restart.

But the Hendrick Motorsports driver stalled out in traffic and wasn't able to crack the top five.

WHAT? "A debris caution on lap 124 of 160 brought most of the field into the pits, and Earnhardt was still six laps short of reaching the finish after the stop."

Are you serious? He FINISHED the race in eighth place...so...he DID NOT run out of fuel... he WAS NOT six laps short.

Stop making excuses for this guy...he can't win and that's that...and let's not even get going on his post race interview!

by-the-way...happy anniversary Dale Jr.! Next week is your 4-year "Winless" anniversary.

great day at the track. Got a little roasted but Kyle was out early so it made my day. Can't wait til August already

Congrats to Logano. Kid needed a break bad

oh man living here i do not take any pics anymore after the newness wore off a few years back. However that being said I guarantee pics from the August race. Deal?

oh man living here i do not take any pics anymore after the newness wore off a few years back. However that being said I guarantee pics from the August race. Deal?

Awesome! When I was younger, I use to travel from Toronto twice a year to both Michigan races, and to Daytona in February, so I know about the whole pictures thing. Have boxes of them somewhere. Pretty nice to have pics of Kulwicki, and Earnhardt Sr in my stash.

Awesome! When I was younger, I use to travel from Toronto twice a year to both Michigan races, and to Daytona in February, so I know about the whole pictures thing. Have boxes of them somewhere. Pretty nice to have pics of Kulwicki, and Earnhardt Sr in my stash.

Man those were the days. I only got to see Kulwicki for 2 or 3 years. I use to go to Watkins Glen those years and man the infield with hotters as sponsor was well..special :)

Back