Hockey Jessica Alba... the new owner of the NHL Toronto Maple Leaf Franchise?

Slim99

Bench Warmer
Alba_Ortega_14578957.jpg

Jessica Alba Joins The Love Guru | Back Row Chatter | UGO.com

The cast members for Mike Myers next comedy, The Love Guru, are finally being announced by Paramount Pictures and the romantic lead is none other than Jessica Alba, a.k.a. Sue Storm from The Fantastic Four, Nancy Callahan from Sin City and James Cameron’s Dark Angel. She will play the owner of a NHL hockey team (can you see Myers’ stamp of Canadiana already?) whose franchise gets into possible trouble when its star player begins dating the estranged wife of a rival team’s star player. Myers is playing a character named Pitka, a relationship counselor called the Love Guru because of his unique approach to solving marital troubles. It turns out that as a child Pitka was born in America but left on the doorstep of an Indian ashram and raised by gurus. Now an adult, he returns to America to practice self-help ****ods. In short, it’s another character that Myers has created to get laughs.

Joining Alba will be Verne Troyer, the small person actor that played Mini-Me in the last pair of Austin Powers movies. In a cool bit of casting Troyer will play the role of the coach of Alba’s hockey team. Finally, Verne gets to say some lines! Also in the picture is Romany Malco (Blades of Glory, The 40 Year Old Virgin).

Paramount plans on releasing The Love Guru on June 20, 2008. Filming kicks off in September in the lovely climate of eastern Canada, specifically Toronto—which makes me wonder if the team that Jessica’s character owns won’t be none other than the Toronto Maple Leafs.

Nice headline! :D

It made me stray from my beloved basketball threads into hockey territory!

I wonder what(who) made me check out this post lol

Back