Basketball James: Championships more important

GotGibson?

Bench Warmer
LeBron James wants to be clear: Championships are more important than cash.

James on Monday clarified a remark he made last week that a maximum contract next summer isn't that important to the Cleveland Cavaliers superstar.

"Let's get this clear: I said the max contract doesn't mean more than winning," James said. "I didn't say 'I don't need a max contract' or 'I'm not going to get a max contract.' All I'm saying is that winning is more important to me than money at the end of the day."

Before Cleveland's game in New York last week, James said "a max deal" didn't really matter to him.

That led to speculation that James, who can opt out of his contract with the Cavaliers after this season, would play somewhere for less than the league maximum.

Personally I dont think he will win a title in Cle for a long time. I think hed have to go else where. And lets just say if he went and signed with Denver or LA or Boston or any title contender for that matter, no more comparisons to MJ. MJ did it himself he didnt need to sign with one of the best teams. Thats all I have to say about that. Great Player NO MJ tho, people just need to realize that

Back