Football How to spot a fake, and proof the Cutler/Reid is fake (from Sliqwill, different site)

#11 Roy Williams

Bench Warmer
Wanted us to post on other sites. Enjoy.

sliqwill said:
well im sure most of you saw the jay cutler auto on a willie reid, some of you thought it was legit at first, but ill show you with proof that it is a fake...

eBay: JAY CUTLER CONTENDERS AUTO ERROR 1/1 WILLIE REID (item 180112689968 end time May-10-07 15:42:46 PDT)

Left_side.jpg

Right_side.jpg

those are the close up scans that the seller provided, well welcome to SLIQWILL DISPROVES YOU PART II

DSC00643.jpg

May12546.jpg

May12547.jpg

DSC00644.jpg

DSC00645.jpg

DSC00646.jpg

DSC00647.jpg

DSC00648.jpg

DSC00649.jpg

finished product...

May12548.jpg

yeah, so why would someone transplant a Jay Cutler autograph when his stuff is on fire?...well lets see, for the mere price of $5 dlvd, you can win a crappy autograph on ebay...for under $10 you can purchase the needed supplies at Wal-Mart (for the record i had most of this stuff on hand), for $5 more you can win a second crappy auto off ebay, and there ya go...

please feel free to post this on other message boards so people can tell how to spot a fake...

Sliqwill, nice job! I didn't know it was so easy..only bad thing is now people will be tempted to remove stickers/autos and who knows what they'll do with them...:O

Sliqwill did exactly what the other guy did to make the fake card. He is showing that they didn't spend high $ on a Cutler auto just to fake it. He had another Contenders card that wasn't any good, so he erased it, and did the process which Sliqwill just explained.

I thought the topic was pretty self explanatory (sp?)

#11 Roy Williams said:
I thought the topic was pretty self explanatory (sp?)

... and my point was - showing how something "is possible" does not indicate undeniable guilt by another party. Does he have proof that the card was faked or is it just his opinion? Is there absolutely no way in the world that the card could be real?

I havent looked, but I would be much more interested in auto comparisions than some BS demonstration that shows others how they might be able to scam someone.

There is no way that we can guarentee 100% that the guy did it with the Reid/Cutler. But, it was VERY obvious.

1. Absolute and Contenders (that is what people from Beckett think it is, I am almost positive that it is Classics) didn't even come out at the same time. So how could there be a factory error?

2. Look at the sticker. It has obvious proof that it has been tampered with.

It could've been done in the factory, but VERY unlikely. I think QC would've caught this.

But, I could be wrong. Just posting what he posted.

Back