Hello Everyone

JDog

Prospect
Transactions: 9
Apologies for not introducing myself earlier.

I got my first pack of cards in 1977. It had those 1976 world series cards. That's where I learned that the Reds were bad people.

My dad would give me a dollar to go get him a pack of cigarettes at the mom and pop down at the corner and I'd get a pack of cards with the change. I'd be with him at a convenience store while he bought his lottos, and he'd buy me a box of cards. Such a cool thing that I'll never forget, and I can't wait till my 6 year old (I started late) cares so that I can do it for him.

First set I put together was 1979 Topps Baseball. Parents got me the 1975 set for Christmas 1980. It's my favorite set (and why I'm back into this with these 2024 heritage cards).

I went nuts collecting in the early 80s. Then again in the early 90s. So I've got the 1975 set, 77-92 or 93 of mostly everything. Thousands of doubles. I've also got basketball and hockey sets my dad got me around 79/80.
I've got tons of upper deck hockey, basketball and football from the early 90s. All different companies. All untouched since back then that I need to go through. I also have a 1963 set I've dabbled with trying to build since inheriting a small pile of them back in the early 80s. I'm down to needing around 50-ish cards, but they're mostly all the main $ star cards.

The wife frowns upon this stuff, and I don't blame her. I wasn't collecting when we met, and she had no idea my closet was absolutely packed with cards!

I really like these card breaks you guys do. I'm exposed to cards I'd never see or care about. I don't know how much I'll stay into it after this 2024 heritage phase, but it's been fun trying to make some trades and I appreciate everyone who's interacted with me so far.

JDog

Howdy! I'm also pretty new here.

I did want to jump in here and let you know that the Reds, and the fine folks who follow them, are actually good people. Glad to clear that misconception up!

My first cards was a cardboard box filled with the late 80s junk wax that my mom had bought while pregnant with me. Most of the cards got destroyed being used as army men in various battles over the years, but I got back into the hobby about two weeks ago and am working on a 1987 Topps master set.

I've got a couple 87 sets and over 1,000 crisp doubles. Shoot me a list and we can try to work something out if i have anything you need.
Thank you! I have grabbed a couple thousand cards over the last two weeks with a couple thousand more coming in. I need to organize and catalog all of this first and then I'm going to make a post here in the trade forums.

Back