Football Has anyone else had this problem with blaster at walmart!??

Calculon

Bench Warmer
When I went to my walmart last night I was looking to get a blaster of chrome. I had gotten one a night before so knew they had some. Well, when I went back last night the remaining 5 and the only 3 boxes they had of absolute where sliced open with a box cutter and the packs stolen. I have run into this problem many times. How the hell does someone get away with sitting there, slicing open boxes and taking the packs? It used to be a problem awhile ago but stopped. Now I see it happening again. I just dont get it.

I had to drive all the way to another walmart on the other side of town and thankfully their blasters were still intact.

This is a common problem here in Toronto area Walmarts, too. We don't get football blaster boxes/tins, but we do get a whack of hockey, and everytime I go to get one, they seem to all be unwrapped. I was gonna buy one the other day, and noticed that the shrink wrap was much thinner than the original wrap UD puts on them, so I didn't buy. Looks like they resealed them, and put them back out for sale. :mad: I bought 3 nascar blasters that were suppose to contain a special race used card in each one that had none in them. Each was also short one pack. How can Walmart reseal these after this? :mad: Quite a few of the stores now keep the boxes, and packs behind the counter in layaway!

see it ll the time at oe walmart in jacksonville.... my guess is its an employee... walmart doesnt care b/c its not walmarts product, but a special vendor who's stuff is on cosignment... wal-mart has zero liability.

EMPLOYEE, no doubt about it (coming from a security guard). Turn the boxes in and state flat out, "If you want to SELL any of these, have your EMPLOYEES stop STEALING them." It has to be the person stocking them. Think about it. Would you put up an empty on the shelf without noticing? No thief is good enough to get away with multiple box thefts while the product is out. Plus the PACKS often contain anti-theft devices. No one would chance it being so out in the open. They are definitely going out the "back door."

See the common problem with packs at Walmart, is that Topps has that sticker making it an authentic auto. To the trained hand, they can feel it out where ever in the pack it is.

Best option, Don't buy from Walmart.

NattyBoo said:
EMPLOYEE, no doubt about it (coming from a security guard). Turn the boxes in and state flat out, "If you want to SELL any of these, have your EMPLOYEES stop STEALING them." It has to be the person stocking them. Think about it. Would you put up an empty on the shelf without noticing? No thief is good enough to get away with multiple box thefts while the product is out. Plus the PACKS often contain anti-theft devices. No one would chance it being so out in the open. They are definitely going out the "back door."

Especially true if they have overnight stocking and it isn't a 24/hr store. Be sure to bring them to the attention of the store, they're mindless enough to not notice.

I have seen this several times. Was away one weeked at a card show and stopped by the local walmart. it wasn't blasters but any wax they had. the top of the packs were slit open. It wasn't just one brand it was everything. About that time a manager walked by so I mentioned it to her. She told me that no one could have opened them and it must be a sealing problem at the factory. I told her it was odd that topps, donruss, and upper deck all had the same problem at the same time. She took the handful of packs that I showed her and put them back in the box on the shelf and walked away. The blaster I have seen are any that have a game used in it. Alot of press pass legends being unwrapped.

the blasters are not stocked by walmart employees.... they're stocked by n independent vendor who comes into the store (normally monday morning) to put blasters up

Here in Canada we don't got much of a selection, well Winnipeg rather. Its just hockey and usually not much. However, when I went to Minnesota, a few Targets we went to along the way the blasters seemed to be cut all open and loose packs were opened and what not. It was just brutal.

Well, I went back and this time all Stadium Club blasters were slit open. I decide to let the manager know and he seemed appreciative and as I was leaving he was taking them off the shelf and calling all the stockers up front...

Back