Football GO ILLINI!!

kclj520

If He Can Hold The World, He Can Hold This Moment
Staff member
Transactions
5.00 star(s)
OK, so I ditched the Cowboys logo, and am back to the ILLINI! Let's talk about a 6-1 start, that's the best football team we have had in YEARS! Beating Michigan yesterday, ranked #22, this is a great start for us!!

OK, so I ditched the Cowboys logo, and am back to the ILLINI! Let's talk about a 6-1 start, that's the best football team we have had in YEARS! Beating Michigan yesterday, ranked #22, this is a great start for us!!
Between Illinois and Indiana, the Big Ten has had some surprising teams this year!
Being a Maryland native, it was fun seeing them win a game, no less against a mediocre USC squad.

Congrats on the big win! Look like my Wolverines are going to struggle to get to bowl eligibility, the schedule doesn’t get any easier. We are in bad need of a real QB.

@zlw1

I was happy when Maryland and Rutgers joined the Big 10, since I knew the sports would be at least competitive, on par with the rest of what the Big 10 usually puts together. Now that we have Oregon, USC (not great this year, I agree!), and others, its frustrating since it seems like David and Goliath. Not to mention that the Big 10 now has 18 TEAMS!

@AndyDrummond

Tough game, but my gosh, your Wolverines have had so many great seasons! The Illini struggled against them for a lot of seasons! Was sad to see Jim Harbaugh go to the NFL, he was a great coach for a lot of years in Ann Arbor.

Cheers!

Kevin

Here's our recap and highlights for the first half of the season:

Illini 45 vs. EIU 0
(8.29.2024)

Illini 23 vs. Kansas 17
(9.7.2024)

Illini 30 vs. Central Michigan 9
(9.14.2024....we were at this game!)

Illini 31 vs. Nebraska 24 OT
(9.20.2024)

Illini 7 vs. Penn State 21
(9.28.2024)

Illini 50 vs. Purdue 49 OT
(10.12.2024)

We nearly let this one slip away! The final score looked like a high school basketball game!

5-1 through the first 6 games.

Last edited:
And our 21-7 win over the Wolverines began the second half of the season:

Let's see what the future holds!

Cheers!

Kevin

Back