Football Giants upset at Cowboys' Adams for Tuck injury

GotGibson?

Bench Warmer
The New York Giants are a little miffed at Dallas Cowboys' offensive tackle Flozell Adams.

Adams stuck out his leg and tripped Pro Bowl defensive end Justin Tuck in the first half of Sunday night's game, causing Tuck to suffer an injury to his left shoulder. It knocked him out of the nationally televised contest.

Adams was penalized for tripping on the play, but that didn't stop Tuck from call the kick a "bush" move.

"It's something he always does and he gets away with it and he continues to do it," Tuck said.

Fellow defensive end Mathias Kiwanuka said a lot of the Giants players were talking about it on Monday.

"From being out there and seeing the quick replays, it looked like a pretty bad play," Kiwanuka said. "Guys get beat and they have to do anything to save their quarterback, but that is not an excuse."

Kiwanuka is sensitive about what he considers dirty plays. He hurt his ankle in the season opener last season when Washington Redskins tackle Chris Samuels fell on the back of it after being beaten on a pass rush on the final play of the game.

Kiwanuka didn't hesitate to call that a dirty play, and he cut Adams no slack on Monday.

"This is the NFL," Kiwanuka said. "People put their careers on the line everyday, in every practice, in every game. You don't want to risk somebody getting hurt off something cheap like that. You understand that they have a job to protect their quarterback, but there are rules in a game for a reason."

Tuck underwent tests on his shoulder on Monday. Coach Tom Coughlin did not have the results when he spoke to the media.

Tuck said he expects to play this weekend when the Giants travel to Tampa, Fla. to play the Buccaneers.

Coughlin was not so sure.

"Anytime you have a player of that caliber that can't finish a game, I would think that something is going on there that is preventing him from continuing," he said. "And as I said, we'll just have to wait and see."

Adams downplayed the incident, asking what does "bush" mean?

"I never heard of that before. I'm curious. What is it?" Adams said.

When told that bush is slang for a dirty play, Adams said he did not know that Tuck was hurt.

"A shoulder injury?" Adams said. "From a supposed kick? Tell him to stay up. It ain't my fault."

Giants' starting receiver Domenik Hixon also underwent tests for a sprained knee sustained against the Cowboys.

Coughlin had no immediate update on cornerbacks Aaron Ross and Kevin Dockery and defensive tackle Chris Canty, who all missed Sunday's game.

Back