Football Finally I meet Maurice Jones-Drew

CARDCRAZEE2

Bench Warmer
Dan's Sports Cards shop, here in Orange Park, FL was host...
to Maurice Jones-Drew yesterday.
I got a few autographs of my favorite player...he was so awesome.
Thanks Maurice for a great experience.
Thanks Dan Williams ( Shop owner ) for a great signing and perfect atmosphere.
And thanks AJ, for winning a most awesome prize...
you made a lot of fans happy today.

An article on the occasion in a prominent Sports card collecting magazine is at the end of the Pics.

35377633_o.jpg

35370618_o.jpg

35370615_o.jpg

35370636_o.jpg

35370653_o.jpg

35370638_o.jpg

35370641_o.jpg

35370646_o.jpg

35370650_o.jpg

35370666_o.jpg

35370667_o.jpg

35370679_o.jpg

35370683_o.jpg

35370676_o.jpg

More than 20,000 NFL card collectors participated in the 2006 NFL Player of the Day promotion at more than 680 hobby shops nationwide and thousands earned prizes. But only 18-year-old AJ Andruszkiewicz of Jacksonville, Fla., parlayed his lucky pack into the Grand Prize – the opportunity to spend the day with an NFL player.

On Feb. 11, Jacksonville Jaguars rookie running back Maurice Jones-Drew will attend a private party at AJ’s home in Jacksonville and then ride in a limousine with him and his friends to his favorite hobby shop, Dan’s Sports Cards in suburban Orange Park. At that point the rest of the community will get to share in AJ’s good fortune as Jones-Drew spends 90-minutes signing free autographs and posing for photos. AJ will also receive a $250 shopping spree for NFL licensed products.

“It could not have happened to a nicer kid or a bigger NFL fan and the fact that Maurice Jones-Drew is his favorite player makes the event even more special,” said Dan Williams owner of Dan’s Cards. “AJ is a regular at my shop and a big football card collector. I’m glad to be a part of this special day.”

A total of 200 collectors will be guaranteed to receive a free autograph from Jones-Drew at the event. Fifty lucky collectors can "reserve" a spot at the front of the line in advance by visiting Dan’s Sports Cards before Feb. 11 and pulling a Jones-Drew cards from a pack of NFL licensed trading cards (call the store at 904-276-4238 for specific details). All other autographs will be awarded on a first-come first-served basis.

It took four lucky breaks for AJ to be selected as the national sweepstakes winner. The first step was to uncover the designated NFL Player of the Day from a pack of cards he purchased at the hobby shop. From there, all store winners were entered into a drawing for weekly prizes. Then, a grand-prize winner was selected in each store. Finally, all of the store winners were entered into the national sweepstakes.

More than 680 hobby shops nationwide participated in the 2006 NFL Player of the Day promotion coordinated by Players Inc and NFL Properties with the support of trading card licensees Donruss/Playoff, Topps and Upper Deck.

SCOTT KELNHOFER –TUFF STFF EDITOR

Link to Article.

Tuff Stuff Magazine - Forum

Back