Finally, a "Good News" story from the NFL

ranbethscards

NASCAR products are back baby!!!!! oh yeah!
With all the recent stories coming from the NFL about domestic disputes, child neglect and drug use... it's good to see this "good news" story being reported (this version is from The Daily News):

Saints coach Sean Payton buys 100 Devon Still No. 75 jerseys to support Bengals player whose daughter is battling cancer

Just when the NFL needed a positive headline, Sean Payton delivered.

After hearing that the Bengals would donate all proceeds from sales of Devon Still's No. 75 jerseys to pediatric cancer research, the Saints coach stepped up and bought 100.

"Driving home the other night, I heard the story about Devon Still and what he is going through with his daughter on the radio," Payton said. "As a parent, myself…I couldn’t help to think about the situation he was in.

"I thought it was a class move by Mike Brown, Marvin Lewis, and the entire Bengals organization to keep him on their roster and allow him to get the proper benefits so he could give the best care to his child. What I did was just a small token to a very worthwhile cause. I wish them nothing but the best, and am hoping that his daughter will make a full recovery."

Still, whose four-year-old daughter Leah has been battling stage-4 pediatric cancer since June, was promoted off the practice squad earlier this week.

Back