Female Gymnastic Relics are ON FIRE

sliqwill

Prospect
Transactions: 1
there aren't too many out on the market and they are selling for WAY more than they were 6 months ago...

when I had some extra coin last year I picked up a few Carly Patterson (2004 team), and her relics are selling for MORE than her autos...the relics I had I sold for 5-7x what I paid dlvd for them...

I was kind of poking around the other night and found a Shawn Johnson Allen and Ginter lot with an auto and a relic...paid $66, just had the relic BIN hit for $49.99

after seeing how some of the 2012 Topps Relics were selling (Wiebers, Luikin, Johnson, Sacramone, Raisman), I put my Johnson up and the BIN was hit in under 48 hours for $49.99, I can assure you I paid less than $15 for it...

of late, the 2012 Topps Relics are going for $20-$65 depending on how it is listed...and the numbered medal parallels aren't doing much of a premium...

the 2012 Panini Americana has relics from Patterson and Shannon Miller, not sure how Miller sells because I never liked her, so if you opened any of that, check for Patterson Relics, again, not regular autos, just relics and relic autos

there hasn't been a huge uptick in 2013 Allen and Ginter Mckayla Maroney, but there has been some upward movement on those, again, based on how they are listed...

because A&G is a 'baseball' set, people are listing them in the 'baseball' section, and that is the WRONG place to do it, put them on the Olympic side and cash in...

why do I say that?...the Johnson I just sold for $49.99 has one listed, also with a BIN, but for $25, except it is listed in baseball...and I didn't nail that one for a couple reasons, first off, its a little rich for my liking for a start, when it could come back down to reality, as the 2 previous sales were $29.99, oh and I bought 3 on COMC last week that I have on delivery order that cost me an average of under $9 each...

so it might be worth your time to dig a few out, especially if you have Nastia Luikin, as she is one of the finalists on Dancing with the Stars and that ends either Monday or Tuesday next week...

sweet...someone just listed Nastia, Aly, and Alicia for way less than the average sale...hope to turn them in the next 7 days, got all 3 for less than HALF of what the last couple Nastia's have sold for

Back