Racing Edwards wins at Richmond

... of course Carl crossing the start/finish line PRIOR to Menard on the final restart is a big NO! NO!... even the commentators keep talking about it... will NASCAR be forced to reverse the win... and give it to Kurt Busch?

... and this is a shame... NASCAR just announced they have no problem with the restart... guess they can rewrite the rules whenever they feel like it :(

Congrats on the win Carl!

Yeah, I don't get that call they've penalized every driver that has done that this year, and with so much on the line for 6-8 drivers, they let that slide? I cost Johnson a win earlier this year. Not a very good decision by Nascar, IMO. Clint Bowyer's spin cost both Jeff Gordon, and Ryan Newman a spot in the chase. I didn't want Logano to get in. It sucks, but what can you do?

1235338_10151683739418801_1519495135_n.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah, I don't get that call they've penalized every driver that has done that this year, and with so much on the line for 6-8 drivers, they let that slide? I cost Johnson a win earlier this year. Not a very good decision by Nascar, IMO. Clint Bowyer's spin cost both Jeff Gordon, and Ryan Newman a spot in the chase. I didn't want Logano to get in. It sucks, but what can you do?

If I remember right it also costed Kurt Busch a spot also

I watched Clint's on board and he turned the wheel dead right in the tri-oval when your ready to left

He did this on purpose

At the Post-Race Press Conference, Dale Jr. said that Bowyer kept hitting his breaks (Dale Jr was behind him) prior to turning the wheel and spinning out.

Shame that the last race of the regular season has two MAJOR incidents that changed the whole Cup Chase picture, let alone the winner of the race, and NASCAR turns it head and says "oh... it's okay"

This is straight out BS. Seems just like in everything else certain folks are held accountable and others are exempt. As Smoke said " Time to bust some ***". But the true bottom line is Nascar give a crap as long as they are making money, know one got hurt and one of the entertainers of the sport won so is a win for Nascar bean counters.

At the Post-Race Press Conference, Dale Jr. said that Bowyer kept hitting his breaks (Dale Jr was behind him) prior to turning the wheel and spinning out.

Shame that the last race of the regular season has two MAJOR incidents that changed the whole Cup Chase picture, let alone the winner of the race, and NASCAR turns it head and says "oh... it's okay"

That doesn't proove he did it on purpose. He could of been bad loose, which could be why he kept hitting his brakes, and the report about him cranking the wheel to spin out I'd have to see it to give an opinion. I wouldn't doubt it he did it on purpose, but prooving it is a whole different story.

... and if Dale Jr did see this as intentional... is that the pot calling the kettle black?

Remember a couple-of-years back when Dale Jr got on his radio and said he needed a caution to work on the car... and he intentionally spun himself out? He was hoping for the lucky dog, but since he caused the caution, NASCAR did not allow him the lucky dog spot.

Latest from NASCAR:

NASCAR Statement Regarding Saturday Night's Race:
NASCAR is reviewing Saturday nights race at Richmond International Raceway per protocol and has no plans for further statement until that process is complete.(NASCAR)(9-8-2013)

The next couple of days are going to be very interesting...

Back