eBay / PayPal... will someone please explain this to me?

ranbethscards

NASCAR products are back baby!!!!! oh yeah!
Confused on the ol' "Buy It Now".

I had an item listed with a "Buy It Now", an offer was made, and I did a counter-offer which was accepted immediately (within 30 seconds of sending the counter-offer).

I understand with the "Buy It Now" immediate payment is required, but what about with the best offer options? I sent the buyer an invoice stating that immediate payment was required (which is generic for all my BIN Invoices) and received a reply from the buyer saying he has 48 hours to make payment.

I could not find anything in the eBay rules about payments with "Best Offer".

Best offer does not require immediate payment, its like an auction once the best offer is accepted. I have this happen all the time, wait 2 days for them to pay then they cry that the card wasn't sent the second they pay, LOL!

...wait 2 days for them to pay then they cry that the card wasn't sent the second they pay, LOL!

Oh it's even better than that. In his original offer he said he would pay now if I accepted. Guess maybe because I counter-offered he changed his mind? Also, I received an email this morning asking me if I could send it overnight... at the price agreed on. NO WAY! So thinking I might not get paid for a couple days... and oops... I don't want to come off as a mean person... but I think I just misplaced it and will not be able to find it. My shipping remarks do say "Will usually ship within 3 business days of receiving cleared payment".

Hmmmm... "usually" and defined as: under normal conditions; generally. But... who determines what the "normal conditions" are?

Honestly, I will try to get it out the minute I am paid, even with buyers like this one, but you never know about the conditions...

One good thing Ive found about Jerk card sharks like this one your dealing with, they usually done even bother with Feedback so they cant screw you on the stupid star rating, LOL!

Seems kind of petty, like he's saying "you didn't take my initial offer, so I'm going to make you wait two days to get the payment." Technically, when you countered him, it rejected his initial offer, so we could say "he's not wrong, he's just an....."

Back