Football did the raiders sign Michael Vick?

jaydouble

Bench Warmer
thats the rumor circulating around right now.supposedly unofficially,the Raiders signed Michael Vick yesterday.No suprise they have a knack of acquiring washed up,rejected players.However if this is true,than they have an unlimited depth at Q.B.That would benefit them exponentially.Maybe they'll finally challenge us again...............doubt it though!:box:
CHARGE!!!!!!

Where is that rumor from? There's not a credible sports website that even has that as a blip on its radar

funny update Tony Dungy advised him against goin to the raiders and he backed out at the last minute.apparently even the coaches think al davis is a total doof!

On Sunday night, NBC's Tony Dungy said that he advised quarterback Mike Vick to steer clear of the Oakland Raiders. This implied that the Raiders wanted Vick.

We reported the next day that the Raiders didn't want Vick. Indeed, we're told that the Raiders never even made an inquiry.

Now, Vick himself says he didn't say "no" to Oakland, and he says that the opportunity never arose.

And the opportunity never arose because the Raiders never called.

"When I got released from prison, I didn't care where I would have played," Vick said in advance of his trip to Oakland as the Eagles prepare to play the Raiders, per Les Bowen of the Philadelphia Daily News. "It really didn't come up. I think coach Dungy just wanted me to be in a place where I was going to be protected, and I just wouldn't have a lot of pressure on me. I think that's what he meant."

And although Dungy suggested that he told Vick not to go to Oakland because of the overall condition of the team, Vick suggests that any reluctance to join the Raiders arose from the fact that his presence would have undermined current starter JaMarcus Russell.

"If I'd have gone there, there would have just been a lot of quarterback controversy," Vick said. "I think the most important thing is for JaMarcus to get his reps and get a feel for the game and place, to prove that he can play in this league. You don't get too many years to prove that. They've given him his shot, and he deserved it."

bunch of politically correct b.s.Gotta love the media. the raiders were shoppin him,he asked tony dungys advice and was told to steer clear of al davis,and wait to see if a better opportunity with a better team arose.it did.

Back