Contest - No Cheating

rexvos

Bench Warmer
Correctly identify the player with the ball, and give me the signifigance of the play for all of my GPs

chiefs.jpg

Way before my time so I will say it is Billy Cannon who made an INT but the ref is saying it wasn't one.

I only gueesed Billy Cannon because I don't know that many older players from a certain SEC school.

here are some hints

1. Both played in the same college backfield
2. Both were from Baton Rouge
3. Both All SEC
4. Both All Americans
5. Both in the AFL Hall of Fame

OK Nobody wins.

The player is Johnny Robinson.

It is probably the most famous picture in Chiefs history. As this was the play that sealed their only Super Bowl Win. As the interception sealed the Vikings fate. In the last AFL vs NFL Super Bowl. Before the leagues merged.

Do a little poking around, and you will read about the SI bias against the AFL and how it's writers did just about all they could to keep it down. Some have speculated that even the AFL logo (should be on left sleeve of Chefs players) in that picture was blacked out by SI editors.

And I believe it was a fumble recovery (though I think he had a pick in the game).

Do a little poking around, and you will read about the SI bias against the AFL and how it's writers did just about all they could to keep it down. Some have speculated that even the AFL logo (should be on left sleeve of Chefs players) in that picture was blacked out by SI editors.

bias about them getting in the HOF too.

Johnny Robinson is the starting safety for the Pro Football all decade team of the 60s.

in the AFL Hall of Fame but not yet enshrined in Canton.

Back