Football Cardinals Seek Competition For Leinart

snick103

Bench Warmer
ESPN.com reports that there's a reason Cardinals coach Ken Whisenhunt hasn't fully committed to Matt Leinart as the team's starter for 2009. Leinart hasn't yet earned the endorsement. Whisenhunt, speaking Tuesday on XTRA910 radio in Phoenix, said the Cardinals would sign a quarterback to compete with Leinart. Not to back up Leinart, but to fight for the job. Whisenhunt said he has a "great deal" of confidence in Leinart, but he also told Leinart the team would bring in competition.

I think they may bring Derek Anderson in for a workout

Cards seek competition for Leinart - NFC West Blog - ESPN

Derek Anderson will sign in Arizona and light things up. Only reason Browns released him was his contract was upwards of $11 million after bonuses

Yea I think there might be a good chance he ends up there

degibson84 said:
Derek Anderson will sign in Arizona and light things up. Only reason Browns released him was his contract was upwards of $11 million after bonuses

2 year 7.25 million

his total contract was for less than his base salary for this year with Cleveland lol

I think he will push Leinart and possibly win the job. Leinart has been very shaky in his limited playing time. This looks like it will be a great battle

Back