Basketball Brandon Wright Signs with Topps

Johan Santana #57

Bench Warmer
New York, NY (June 20, 2007) -- The Topps Company announced that it has signed a multi-year exclusive spokesperson deal with University of North Carolina Basketball star Brandan Wright .

"It is an honor to be associated with such a prominent sports company," said Wright. "My younger brothers and I loved to open up packs of Topps trading cards when we were growing up, and now I am representing their products. It's very exciting."

The agreement grants Topps exclusive rights within the NBA trading card category for autographed cards, memorabilia cards and the use of Wright on packaging and advertising.

2007-08 Topps Basketball marks the 50th Anniversary of the first Topps Basketball Set and Wright's Rookie Card will be one of the most sought after cards in the product. Topps Basketball will be available nationwide in mid-August.

"We feel privileged that Brandan has joined our portfolio of elite athletes," said Warren Friss, Vice President-- General Manager, Topps Sports. "His rookie cards are some of the most anticipated trading cards for the upcoming season."

Wright, a prospective top five pick in the upcoming NBA Draft, averaged 14.7 PPG as a freshman for UNC and led the Tar Heels to the Elite 8 during this year's NCAA Men's Basketball Tournament.

Wright joins Greg Oden, Dwyane Wade and baseball players David Wright, Alex Rodriguez, Barry Bonds, Ryan Howard and the late Mickey Mantle as Topps exclusives.

Founded in 1938 as Topps Chewing Gum, Topps issued its first basketball cards in 1957 and is an international marketer of sports and entertainment products, including collectible trading cards, sticker album collections and candy.

Not bad at all. Have Durant and Oden signed with either? That does take a big rookie out of UD and honestly I like it. Topps is normally cheapen so gettin Wrights should also be cheaper.

I don't think Wright is going to be anything in the NBA.. Another one of those guys who should have stayed in college.

lilsss19 said:
I don't think Wright is going to be anything in the NBA.. Another one of those guys who should have stayed in college.

exactly. look at marvin williams(also came to the NBA as a freshmen out of UNC). I dont think he did anything at all.

Back