Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Points penalty truex

• Both out of chase

• Both points penalty

• Total voters
If they are investigating Bowyer, then they need to take a look at the Edwards/Menard restart.

Last night I would have said BAN! Today I say take away points.

Funny thing is I was wondering about that after it happened, because it did indeed help his teammate get in the chase. Did he spin out on purpose? I'm sure some may think so, but pretty hard to proove unless he admitted it to somone. This wouldn't be the first time that has been done to help a teammate, nor will it be the last. Cheating, or playing on the edge of the rules will always be a part of nascar, as long as there are rules in place.

Funny thing is I was wondering about that after it happened, because it did indeed help his teammate get in the chase. Did he spin out on purpose? I'm sure some may think so, but pretty hard to proove unless he admitted it to somone. This wouldn't be the first time that has been done to help a teammate, nor will it be the last. Cheating, or playing on the edge of the rules will always be a part of nascar, as long as there are rules in place.
I saw his on board and he turned right

If they are investigating Bowyer, then they need to take a look at the Edwards/Menard restart.

Last night I would have said BAN! Today I say take away points.

Exactly! If Nascar is now making a case out of one they sure as hell better go both ways. But again it's all about money and that is what will dictate what happens.
It will be interesting to see what happens (or doesn't).

Haven't seen it, but his arguement could be he over-corrected a very loose car about to spin out? If he turned to the right, then wouldn't he have spun towards the outside wall, and not the inside?
It was his attempt to correct it is when he went to the inside
He was already off turn 4 when he spun which made another illusion that he was loose off of 4

Well, after reading a bunch more stories on this just now, I'm starting to wonder if it wasn't on purpose now? I didn't know about Vickers, and Bowyer pitting under green with 3 to go to give Truex an extra finishing spot, and the transmitting between the crew, and drivers suggesting to pit, or for Bowyer to scratch an itchy arm. That's pretty bush league, IMO.

Jayski.com is reporting:

NASCAR President Mike Helton told The Associated Press before Sunday's Truck Series race at Iowa that officials in the scoring tower did not immediately see anything to believe Bowyer's spin with seven laps remaining at Richmond was suspicious. The spin came while Newman was leading and brought out the caution that set in motion a chain of events that cost Newman both the race and a berth in the 12-driver Chase field. He was battling Truex for the final spot.

"We didn't see anything that indicated that anything like that was taking place. And it's natural when everything was as close as it was between who was going to get in and not go in to scratch your heads and try to figure out and wonder why," Helton said. "But we didn't see anything initially (Saturday) night that indicated that, but certainly we'll go back through all the video and everything to be sure, because we take the responsibility very serious to be sure that it's  that everybody has had a fair chance."

But an ESPN replay that included communication between Bowyer and his team implied the spin was deliberate. Bowyer was shown the video after the race and denied he spun intentionally, a claim he repeated throughout the post-race activities.

oh oh... video evidence? Come on... the NASCAR officials didn't believe the "video evidence" on the restart that showed Carl Edwards jumped the gun on the restart and crossed the start/finish line ahead of the leader... what makes you think that NASCAR is going to review and believe this "replay"?

Jayski.com is reporting:

oh oh... video evidence? Come on... the NASCAR officials didn't believe the "video evidence" on the restart that showed Carl Edwards jumped the gun on the restart and crossed the start/finish line ahead of the leader... what makes you think that NASCAR is going to review and believe this "replay"?
If there was contact it was while they were entering turn 4, before the restart zone

Not a fan of the whole chase thing anyways. They allow anyone in the top 10 to get in the chase on just points, with wins not meaning alot if you are in the top 10, so why should it matter for 1th, and 12th place? Didn't Jeff Gordon actually end up having more points than either Logano, and Truex, or both of them? The whole system is flawed. They should do it like they do for a major in golf. Everyone within 10 shots of the lead makes the cut. For racing, they could give the top 10 an automatic place in the chase, and everyone within X amount of points from 10th (25, or 50 for example?) There may only be one, or 6 more? Doesn't really matter! That way if there are a bunch of guys close to 10th in points, they get a shot to win the championship. I'm a firm believer that it should be back to the way it was several years ago. Whoever had the most points after 36 races was the champion. Wins are great, but if you use a point system to rank the drivers, it shoud be that way till the end. I would rather see a guy win because they were consistant all year round.

Last edited:
Back