Bought My First Blaster Box

CamaroDMD

Insert Cool Title
So, I don't usually buy packs or boxes. The majority of my interest has been with older stuff and I prefer to know what I am getting. However, I have had an itch to open a few packs. So, today I was doing some Christmas shopping at Target and decided...what the heck. Lets grab a box.

Not really knowing much about the current products...I just went to the $20 shelf and found something that was familiar. So, I grabbed a box of Panini Prizm. I haven't open it yet...but I will today and I will post if I find anything good.

Retail? Busting Retail? You are banned forever! it's Hobby or nothing on this site! lol

Looking forward to seeing what you "hit" Richard.

Retail? Busting Retail? You are banned forever! it's Hobby or nothing on this site! lol

Hobby is just as garbage as retail though, if not more so. All my biggest hits in any sport have all come from retail. Heck, just recently I got 2 12-13 Timeless Treasures "hobby" tins and my best hit was a kareem Abdul Jabbar relic. $100 a pack and I got $10 worth of cards from 2. At least retail you don't have to lose 150 bucks, just 20. ;) I doubt Ill ever buy a hobby box again, Ill stick to singles and retail. You can get a 1/1 booklet of pretty much anybody for less than the price of a box now-a-days.

Well, it was fun but I don't think it was a $20 thrill. I think I will continue to collect as I had been. I must admit through, it was a sharp looking product. Perhaps I will do a base set or a set of one of the parallels at some point.

As far as cards pulled, I got a few parallels but nothing numbered. Of the parallels Julius Peppers (purple), Jack Ham (gold...I think), Emmitt Smith (green), C.J. Mosley (green). There was also a Johnny Manziel fresh faces die cut RC and a Mike Evans Believe the Hype die cut RC.

The GU card was a De'Anthony Thomas "Dirty Laundry" single red color jersey card. I actually like the hit. I'm a life long Oregon fan...so it works for me.

Like I said, I don't think this was $20 worth of fun...but it was a neat experience.

I'm curious Randy...is it simply a greater number of packs in a hobby box (and thus a better chance of a decent hit) that creates this preference, or are the odds actually better in a hobby box. At this stage, I am unwilling to spend the money a hobby box costs...I don't find opening packs (and the gamble that goes with it) THAT much fun. That is one of the reasons why I grabbed the retail box. For, $20...I thought it would be a fun and affordable way to try it.

Hobby (for the most part) has more hits per box, better odds, and all the 1/1s and such. many parallels and autos can be hobby/retail only too. Retail you usually aren't guaranteed anything except the retail relics in most blasters now-a-days. Its like a difference between a 1 dollar lottery scratch ticket (retail) and a 20 dollar scratcher (Hobby) basically, best way I can think of to explain it...... although I suppose if your state doesn't do lottery that isn't that good of an analogy LOL! :D

Hobby (for the most part) has more hits per box, better odds, and all the 1/1s and such. many parallels and autos can be hobby/retail only too. Retail you usually aren't guaranteed anything except the retail relics in most blasters now-a-days. Its like a difference between a 1 dollar lottery scratch ticket (retail) and a 20 dollar scratcher (Hobby) basically, best way I can think of to explain it...... although I suppose if your state doesn't do lottery that isn't that good of an analogy LOL! :D
That makes sense...I probably won't be getting another one. It was a fun little experience...but nothing more than that.

As for the lottery analogy, works for me. We have that here in Oregon...we just can't pump our own gas and we don't have sales tax.

there really is nothing wrong with busting Retail.. sometimes I do that and take the "hits" to my LCS just to upset the guy. He truly believes only Hobby is worth breaking. Of course that's all he sells, so I can see why he feels that way...lol

But... if you want the major hits... Hobby Hobby Hobby.

Back