Votes: 3 6.5%
  • Michael Vick

Votes: 8 17.4%
  • Brett Favre

Votes: 10 21.7%

• Total voters

#11 Roy Williams

Bench Warmer
I saw this on Beckett.. and decided to post a poll here..

This is PURE arm strength. Not how good they are at hitting a WR deep, not accuracy, just pure arm strength.

Based on how far he threw it in college, JaMarcus Russell... 40 yards from his knees is rediculous.

How about the former rookies? Leinart, Cutler or VY?

Check this out..

Now we're not talking BEST QBs here.
This is NOT related to how well they play at QB.

We're talking QB's who can really throw the ball downfield, or mid range with significant pace/speed w/a tight spiral.

My personal strongest arm QBs in the NFL
(And I'll give reasons)

1)Carson Palmer Cin/Bengals - He's 6'5" 230lbs and can really light it up. He throws short range passes w/bullet ease and can hoist one 60yards w/a tight spiral and speed on it. Amazing.

2)Andrew Walter-OAK/Raiders - He's 6'6" and his throws have so much velocity and pace to them. I saw side by side throws between his and Drew Brees..and Brees' throws looked like lobs and Walter's looked like bullets

3)Brett Favre-GB/Packers - I'm not sure about his 50yard bombs anymore(or else he'd be no.1) but his mid range throws are the best still. He's the only guy than can make a little flick of the wrist go 25-30 yards w/a straight line spiral w/heavy velocity. YOu can't teach that.

4)Jay Cutler-DNVR/Broncos - I saw his combine throws and his preseason games. He makes 50 hard throws look effortless and they have pace/speed on them. Very tight spiral and speed. Was clocked at over 60mph on his throws.

5)Michael Vick-ATL/Falcons - I'm really not a fan of his game, but he really does have a strong arm. I've seen him throw 50 yard bombs w/easily. He's not very accurate, but in terms of pure power/strength..he's up there. Not a great tight spiral though.

Honorable Mention:

Daunte Culpepper-MIA/Dolphin-(when healthy can throw 60 yard bombs w/pace).

Aaron Rodgers-GB/Packers-(when PLAYING can make short range passes w/laser like speed/accuracy..Jerry Rice quoted saying "Aaron can throw 50yd passes w/ease").

Donovan McNabb.-PHL/Eagles-(Always a tight spiral on his throws)

Kyle Boller-BTL/Ravens (once threw over the goal post while KNEELED from the 50 yard line)

Boller definatly has a great arm, but forgot to put him because he has really never started more than a handful of games. I'm sure there are great arms out there who are bench players.

I think JaMarcus Russell. On draft day they showed tape of him at the combine. He threw a 65 yard pass on his knees, and an 80 yd pass with 2-steps.

Brett Favre HAD the best arm until draft day.

Back