Selling been buying a ton

sliqwill

Prospect
Transactions: 1
http://www.ebay.com/sch/sliqwill/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=25&rt=nc&LH_BIN=1

ive got 167 going up this morning on 3 day BIN/BO that I will recycle on Sunday...I figured some of these will get some interest and hopefully move along with some of my stuff that is at auction ending in the next couple of days...

what to expect?

mostly autos

2002 Bowman Chrome XFractor Red Ink Autos
2008-2012 Sage, Sage HIT, and Press Pass

nothing SUPER great, but some interesting stuff...

2 TY Hilton Autos
3 Doug Martin Autos
1 Derrick Coleman

be sure to check back on Sunday, as I will have somewhere around 4000 listings go up...

im far from 'hurting' for money, so its not a fire sale, its just ive spent over $600 for the month, and my sales are nowhere near that, but I had a great January...

and I only buy with profits...ive put $0 into buying the last 3+ years

I've tried looking for some of these lots on eBay like we talked about via PM and just can't find any I'd think would be profitable. I guess a "lot" (haha) of that comes from experience. I don't mind the time and effort, but the knowledge of it is what makes it difficult. It'd be easy to throw a lot of money away if you don't know what to, and not to, buy.

you are on the right track, just because you aren't buying doesn't mean you aren't learning...also, never be afraid to throw a bid of $5 on something that you THINK will sell for WAY more than that...from time to time you get lucky and something will go unnoticed...better to not buy are regret than it is to buy and then regret...its much cheaper that way...if you just jump into it you will take lots of losses...

like ive said, ive been doing this for years, and my knowledge base is of older products, so I focus mostly on 2001-2009, plus they are typically cheaper since they aren't the 'new' thing...and then it gives exposure, because even old lots will have some 'new' stuff in them...last night I ran a search of sold listings from 2012 Sage HIT since I don't know much about it, so instead of selling a card for $2 I know I can get $15 for it, so I can raise the price up...ebay sold listings is your best tool to gain knowledge...you cant buy into a hype sale...if that lot I bought didn't have names I knew (Cousins, Hilton, Martin), even at the price per card, I would have passed, because I know there isn't HUGE demand for airbrushed/no logo stuff, so it would be a tough sale, but with the 'big' names, it is completely worth the time, then it takes what, 5 minutes to check completed (I ran my search from highest price to lowest, then blocked the 'big' guys, Foles, Cam, and a couple others)...easy money

started turbolister a little bit ago, 3987 listings in the process of uploading...mostly autos, then SP Authentic RCs, then a mix of jerseys/inserts/RCs...

mostly Football, then Olympics, Basketball, Baseball, MMA in terms of numbers, mostly cheap stuff, but there are some ok priced cards...uploading by year first, as usual...hoping a few folks go nuts...I should sell at least 15 cards today, as I had a guy buy some Wisconsin stuff that was at auction and I let him know I would have some more going up today...

paypal looked good this afternoon...now it looks meh...

supplies order with DACW...case of regular toploaders, 15 boxes of 55pt toploaders, 2000 penny sleeves, then some clearance wax...should be here by the end of the week, which is good, because ive been out of 55s for awhile so ive been using 75s...and im saving the last of my penny sleeves for 'big' cards that should be arriving the next couple of days...

had 110 cards come in yesterday that needed sleeved/cased, but only did about 75, got all the autos, had to hold off on RCs...have 66 assorted RCs that should be here today, including 2 that NEED to get on eBay right away to go ahead and flip their respective lots with just 1 card...then I have 17 other au/jsy that should be here

I guess the good news is im waiting on payment for $96 and the guy is still buying more (one of my regulars that hasn't picked me in 2-3 months)...well and ive got more in paypal after my $175 DACW purchase than I had when I started listing on Sunday...so yeah, ive done well, over 60 sales in the first 48 hours

What wax did you buy?

10 box case of Americana Heroes and Legends Retail Blasters (8 pack)
2 boxes of World of Sports Retail Blasters (11 pack)
1 FREE 'gift' box Goodwin Champions Retail Blaster (12 pack)

well they came in today

Goodwin - Garbage

WOS Jerseys
Jake Locker
David Beckham

Heroes and Legends (probably got a couple base sets, they go for $10-$15 apparently, so really a good deal on these at dacw)

Lots of Alex Morgan, Abe Lincold, George Washington, Carly Patterson...

Proofs - 0 (i may have missed them, id think with that many boxes id get one or more)

Relics
Frank Shorter - Summer Olympics /205
Shade Lee - Military Elite (Tuskee Airmen) /299
Bill Pogue - Astronauts /249
Fred Gregory - Astronauts /199
Roscoe Draper - Base (Tuskee Airmen) /499 x2 (Gray/White/Black, the other is Gray/White/Red/Black)
Vance Brand - Base (Astronaut) /399
Sally Ride - Base (Astronaut) /425
Barbara Morgan - Base Proof (Astronaut) /99
Scott Hamilton - Base Proof (Olympian) /99

it would have been nice to hit an auto, but i didnt do terrible overall for a bunch of blasters...i imagine this stuff will get listed come next promo...im going sparingly with my 50 free montly listings, ive got a TON of stuff in since my last promo ended at 23:59 Sunday night, i have a ton of stuff going on, but ive already used like 10 listings for things im trying to get quick flipped to profit, already did on 1 lot that came in, got 42 2004 Leaf Rookies & Stars Longevity /999 that i flipped in 1 card, the Brock Lesnar, no one big in the rest of the lot, but im sure some will sell for $1 when next promo hits...plus i had to list up my 2004 LRS Longevity /99 Sean Taylor that came in, it should see $25 (almost double what i paid for a 42 card lot), then the Fred Taylor Bowman Chrome Golden i put up in the Show and Tell, i have interest on it at $65, but i told the guy i want to have it up a week before i go that low, also put up a Wes Welker jersey lot that was in with the Taylor, and for todays mail from a lot i stole, even if it was all junk players, i listed 2004 Sage Silver AUs of Tommie Harris and Will Smith, then Press Pass Blue AU Damian Williams /50, and then one i didnt see when i was going through the lot pictures, a 2010 Press Pass Bronze AU Earl Thomas (last sale was more than i paid for 28 card AU lot)...

Back