Racing 2014 Five Star - Who broke a box?

ranbethscards

NASCAR products are back baby!!!!! oh yeah!
Just checking to see if any of our members busted a box of the Press Pass 2014 Five Star (NASCAR).

I have seen a few box breaks posted at other sites and can honestly say "I am NOT impressed with the product!"

When the "HIT" is a 1/1 of a driver who shouldn't even have a ride in Nationwide, let alone Sprint Cup, it makes you wonder why anyone would spend the $540 per box suggested price... to flip the cards (five per box) and come away with a $300-plus loss.

NOTE: seems that if you pull a Dale Jr 1/1... you will MAKE your money back, plus some... (at least according to the eBay sales)

If I was rich, none of that would matter to me, I'd shell out the $$$...like the fool that I am lol

That said, yeah...why spend so much on a product knowing you're likely not going to be able to even break even, value-wise?

The answer is that there are people out there that can buy a case (or ten) and get that big hit that pays for all the misses. Then there's the fools...like me lol

okay... when you pull two 1/1's from the same box.. and one of them is a Dale Jr... well.. this guy is going to make his money back. plus some!

Time to mortgage the house I guess lol

I really didn't care for the Beckett break...they just rubbed me the wrong way right off-the-bat when they opened the box off-camera. :mad:

I paid for a spot in a 3 box break that turned into the 2 box break you posted. Not happy that it was advertized as 3 boxes then they did not sell enough spots and turned it into a 2 box break the day of. I personally think that was crap the host just did that without letting those you paid know of the change. Missed at a chance for 4 more hits in my mind. I will not be a part of any more breaks with that shop.

I paid for a spot in a 3 box break that turned into the 2 box break you posted. Not happy that it was advertized as 3 boxes then they did not sell enough spots and turned it into a 2 box break the day of. I personally think that was crap the host just did that without letting those you paid know of the change. Missed at a chance for 4 more hits in my mind. I will not be a part of any more breaks with that shop.

Are you talking about Chris at The Hobby Box? He's a pretty good dude. If you message him, and explain your disappointment maybe he'll go out of his way to do something for you down the road? I doubt he'd want to lose a customer? He's the most fair guy out there, so give him a shout? I take it you ended up with just a sheet metal card, and base?

Just plain sad!!!!!:(

$_57.JPG

lol...Every time I see a stars 1/1 on one of these breaks I think to myself "Well, there's one more reason to resist buying this product." ;)

Back