Baseball 2014 Bowman

Taliasen

From a pack deep in the north country...
Transactions: 2
2014 Bowman

Per box items:
24 pack per box
10 cards per pack
1 Bowman Chrome autograph per box

The base cards feature a color action shot of the player. The cards are bordered in white and have stylized trim framing the player. The team logo, player name and position are in silver foil. The card also has trim corresponding to the teams primary colors. The card backs are photo-less and are horizontal in design. The backs list moderate biographical information, moderate career highlights and last season and career statistics.

What I pulled:
127 base set cards
48 Bowman pick cards
45 Bowman Chrome Pick cards
19 inserts and parallels
1 autograph

Base card front and back:

Inserts and parallels: (not all scanned)
6 flag parallels
2 orange #/250
1 red ice #/25
1 ice
1 chrome refractor #/500
2 Top 100
4 mini team top 5
1 mini blue team top 5 #/250
89 Bowman is Back Bo Jackson reprint

The Hit:
Tyler Wade autograph

2014 Bowman reinforces that Bowman is the home of the Rookie card! Loaded with prospects and top rookies, this is a prospectors dream! There are almost three sets to complete with the base Bowman Picks and Bowman Chrome Picks. There are lots and lots of inserts to chase. I particularly like the flag parallels and the mini team top 5 cards. That being said I always prefer a few less inserts to get that many more base set cards. The auto is on card and looks real sharp. Besides the ever present 'chrome curl' the biggest surprise I discovered was all of the duplicates. This product has heavy duplication throughout the base set cards. This is the first time I have experienced this from any Topps product in a lone time.

The Bottom Line:
I give 2014 Bowman a buy rating. You will need two boxes and maybe some light trading to complete the base set. I feel the set is designed for prospectors and the inserts and parallels will be fun to chase. Buy a box and trade your Tigers to me!

The Final Score:
Final Ratings (Out of 10):
Base set collect-ability: 5/10
Big-hit Hunter: 5/10
Prospector Hunter: 10/10
Value: 8/10
Overall Quality: 10/10

Overall: 38/50 (76% = C)

Thanks to Topps for making this review possible!

Back