Baseball 2013 Topps Pro Debut

Taliasen

From a pack deep in the north country...
Transactions: 2
2013 Topps Pro Debut

Per box items:
24 packs per box
8 cards per pack
2 autographs per box
1 patch per box
1 relic per box

The standard sized base set cards feature a full color action shot of the player. Bordered in white, the card fronts have the player name and team logo at the bottom. The card fronts are trimmed with the team's primary color. The card backs are photo-less and are horizontal in design. The backs include moderate biographical information, complete career statistics, and moderate career highlights or a player quote. The backs are also trimmed with the team's primary color.

What I Pulled:
188 unique cards, no duplicates
183 base set cards, 183/220 = 83% of the base set
1 gold parallel
1 relic
1 manufactured patch
2 autographs

Base card front and back:

The Parallel:
Gold #/50

The Hits:
Odor Autograaph
Asencio autograph
Romero Relic
Mascot patch #/50

I really like the design of this year's Topps cards. Pro Debut cards are identical to Series 1 and 2 in design. The very simple clean design is very appealing. I think that the photography from Topps has really improved over the past couple of years. Topps has issued several short prints cards of players. With some of the biggest named rookies this set is a prospectors dream! Unlike other Topps products, Pro Debut is very light on inserts.

The Bottom Line:
I give 2013 Topps Pro Debut a buy rating. It will be very easy to complete a base set with a box, a few extra packs or some light trading. This product will appeal mostly to prospectors and set collectors.

The Final Score:
Final Ratings (Out of 10):
Base set collect-ability: 8/10
Big-hit Hunter: 8/10
Prospector Hunter: 10/10
Value: 8/10
Overall Quality: 10/10

Overall: 44/50 (88% = B)

As always I am offering base and insert cards to members here for a SASE.

Thanks to Topps for making this review possible!

2013 Topps Pro Debut
What I Pulled:

1 manufactured patch
I not a fan of manufactured patches. I can't even allow them in with my relics, I just can't lol

Base card front and back:

The Parallel:
Gold #/50
Topps has been very consistent with their design. I like the blue accents, but I've never really been a big fan of the overall simplicity of the design myself.

The Hits:

Mascot patch #/50
They all look good, but I still don't care for manufactured patches. I have a few, and they are OK, but they are not with my relics...I don't treat them the same lol

I really like the design of this year's Topps cards. Pro Debut cards are identical to Series 1 and 2 in design. The very simple clean design is very appealing. I think that the photography from Topps has really improved over the past couple of years. Topps has issued several short prints cards of players. With some of the biggest named rookies this set is a prospectors dream! Unlike other Topps products, Pro Debut is very light on inserts.
I'm big on inserts. Back in the 90's most people I knew hated them, but I've always looked forward to finding them, myself.

As always I am offering base and insert cards to members here for a SASE.
How does that work? :confused:

I not a fan of manufactured patches.
These aren't Baseball, but here's the two manufactured patches I banished from my relic box:

Manufactured Football Patches.jpg

I think I'll post these in a new trade/sell thread in Football, along with eight minis, I mean "Action" cards I dug out of my stored boxes.

Back