Baseball 2013 Topps Museum Collection

Taliasen

From a pack deep in the north country...
Transactions: 2
2013 Topps Museum Collection

Per Box Items:
4 mini Boxes
5 cards per mini box
1 on-card autograph
1 autographed relic
1 quad relic
1 jumbo relic

The base set cards are thicker then the industry standard. the card fronts feature a color action shot of the named player. The picture is framed in a silver foil graphic. Occasionally the photo breaks out of the frame. The set name is along the card top with the player name and team logo along the bottom. The card backs are photo-less. The backs contain moderate biographical information, moderate career highlights, and career statistics. The backs also have a color team logo.

What I pulled:
20 unique cards, no duplicates
11 base set cards
5 inserts and parallels
1 on-card autograph
1 autographed relic
1 quad relic
1 jumbo relic

Base card front and back:

Inserts and Parallels:
Copper #/424 Sandoval, Gwynn
Green #/199 Gehrig
Blue #/99 Bench
Canvas Collection Ripken

The Hits:
Murry Wills autograph #/399
Cliff Lee Jumbo swatch #/50
Devin Mesoraco dual relic/autograph #/299
Trout/Harper/Mays/Griffey Jr quad relic #/25

2013 Topps Museum collection is one of the first high end products of the season. As with all high product it is all about the hits! I really do like the the overall design and look of the cards. The graphics and framing look sharp and the pictures that pop out add dimension to them. You are guaranteed one on-card auto graph and the other is a sticker autograph. I also like the mix of retired and current stars. The different colored parallels will be fun to chase. Even though all of the relic cards say they are not from any specific game, event or season, they still look cool. A 4-color patch and 3-color swatch on a card #/25, yes please!

The Bottom Line:
I give 2013 Topps Museum Collection a shop around rating. Buy singles you want instead of hoping to pull them. If you do buy a box, trade your Tigers and Rickey Henderson cards to me!
[FONT=&amp]
The Final Score:[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]
Final Ratings (Out of 10):
Base set collect-ability: 2/10
Big-hit Hunter: 10/10
Prospector Hunter: 10/10
Value: 9/10
Overall Quality: 10/10[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Overall: 41/50 (82% = B)
[/FONT]
The biggest drawback being that you will need several boxes and some light trading to complete the base set.

As always I am offering base and insert cards to members here for a SASE.

Thanks to Topps for making this review possible!

Back