Baseball 2013 Topps Gypsy Queen

Taliasen

From a pack deep in the north country...
Transactions: 2
2013 Topps Gypsy Queen

Per Box Items:
24 packs per box
10 cards per pack
2 autographs per box
2 relic cards per box

The 350 card base set cards have an art-style color picture of the named player. Bordered in a dull green and trimmed with a white graphic the card fronts list the set name on the top and player name and team on the bottom. The card backs are photo-less. The yellowish backs are trimmed with a black graphic and detail moderate career highlights. The base set cards are slightly thicker than standard sized cards. The mini set base cards feature the some artwork as the regular base set cards.

What I pulled:
251 unique cards, no duplicates
186 base set cards (including short prints and any variations) = 53% of the base set
34 mini cards
3 serial numbered mini cards
23 inserts
1 serial numbered insert
2 autograph cards
2 relic cards

Base card front and back:

Inserts, parallels, and minis: (not all scanned)
Jones framed blue #/499
3 Collisions at the Plate
6 Dealing Aces
4 Glove Stories
4 Sliding Stars
6 No Hitters
Mini Black #/199 Jennings, Santana
Mini Green #/99 Motte

The Hits:
Kenny Lofton Autograph
Jon Jay Autograph
Nelson Cruz relic
Yovani Gallardo framed mini relic

*********************************************************************************************

I have said before that I really am not a fan of art-style cards. 2013 Topps Gypsy Queen cards are not that bad however. There are lots of short print and variation cards to break up the set and keep the chase going. Most of these SP and variations deal with the player in a non-game action pose. For example the player is in the dugout, or with teammates, or with a noticeably different pose than on the base card like hands on hips instead of knees or glove in front of chest or over the mouth. I really enjoy the mix of current players, young and retired stars. The autos are on-cards autos. You will need at least two boxes plus some trading to complete the base set. Possibly more if you go for all of the variation cards. There are soem potential big hits and high value variation cards that will keep the thrill of the chase going strong!

The Bottom Line:
I give 2013 Topps Gypsy Queen a buy rating. There are tons of short print and variation cards to chase that will add to the fun! Buy a box and trade your Tigers and Rickey Henderson cards to me!

[FONT=&amp]The Final Score:[/FONT][FONT=&amp]
Final Ratings (Out of 10):
Base set collect-ability: 5/10
Big-hit Hunter: 8/10
Prospector Hunter: 8/10
Value: 10/10
Overall Quality: 10/10[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Overall: 41/50 (82% = B)
[/FONT]
The biggest drawback being that you will need at least two boxes to complete the base set.

Topps sent me this box to review for Full Spectrum Baseball. As always I am offering base and insert cards to members here for a SASE.

Thanks to Topps for making this review possible!

I'd be interested in some of the cards from your sample box. How do you decide who gets what? Would I pick and choose or is it random? I'm new to the site and not sure how this works exactly. Thanks.

I will have to check and see if I have many of these left. After a few weeks, I donate the cards to local youth sports teams. For anyone wanting to claim some cards, just list some card #'s or a team you would like. Keep in min I can usually only get 4 cards in a SASE. If you want more you have to include enough return postage.

Tal

Back