Racing 2013 Press Pass Ignite

Taliasen

From a pack deep in the north country...
Transactions: 2
2013 Press Pass Ignite

Per Box Items:

20 packs per box
5 cards per pack
1 autograph per box
1 race used relic per box

Press Pass Sell Sheet

The 50 card base set cards feature a color torso and head shot of the named driver. All of the subjects have their arms folded across their chest. The background is a digitized flame or fire graphic in a matte finish. The driver stands out with a glossy finish. The border-less cards have a silver foil graphic at the bottom of the card fronts which have the set and driver name. The card backs have a smaller color picture of the same on the front. The card backs are trimmed in a color of the driver's fire suit and list moderate career highlights.

What I pulled:
101 cards
50 card complete base set base set
15 base set duplicates
33 inserts
1 serial numbered parallel
1 autograph card
1 race used relic card

Base card front and back:

Inserts and Parallels:
25 "Top Speed"
Turning point #2 and #6
2013 HoF Cotton Owens
Profile 5, 9, 13
Convoy #2 and #6
David Ragan Yellow Parallel #1/5

The Hits:
Jeff Gordon Hot Threads fire suit relic #77/99
Scott Speed Ignite Ink autograph #1/5

**********************************************************************************************

2013 Press Pass Ignite that features the hottest drivers on the NASCAR circuit. Teh drivers are listed alphabetically so the base set is easy to sort. Normally I complain about too many inserts but I did pull a complete set form the box so I can not this time. Pulling a couple of low numbered cards was a real bonus. The auto is a sticker auto but the card is designed to fit it well. About the only real drawback I can speak to is the the cards all look the same. I like teh simple not do busy design, but having all of the drivers posed the same way make the set feel redundant.

The Bottom Line: I give 2013 Press Pass Ignite a BUY rating. Pulling a complete is worth it and pulling some low number cards is a real bonus! Buy a box and trade your Dale Jr. cards to me!

The Final Score:
Final Ratings (Out of 10):
Base set collect-ability: 10/10
Big-hit Hunter: 10/10
Prospector Hunter: NA
Value: 9/10
Overall Quality: 8/10

Overall: 37/40 (92.5% = A)

Press Pass sent me this box to review for Full Spectrum Baseball. As always I am offering base and insert cards to members here for a SASE.

Thanks to Press Pass for making this review possible!

Back