Hockey 2013 In the Game Draft Prospects Hockey Cards

• Thread starter SCF Sports News
  • Start date
S

SCF Sports News

With the 2013 NHL Draft shaping up to be the best in years, 2013 In the Game Draft Prospects Hockey spotlights the top players available. Every box comes with three on-card autographs and a pair of game-used memorabilia cards.
mG2FBpSBEbg

More...

Interested in seeing what the price will be per pack? With 3 autos, and 2 game used per pack, it's a nice bang for your buck, if the price is not too high. ITG rarely disappoints, so I'm expecting this to be a big hit.

Tried different sources to get pricing, seems that with a month-and-a-half to go and ITG hasn't decided on prices yet.

I'm guessing... $125.00-plus, but hoping I am wrong and it comes in at under $100.00!

I see that blowoutcards.com has these boxes listed at $86.99 each.

Surprised to see such a low cost with three (3) autographs and two (2) game-used in every pack (one pack per box).

Not a bad price, I smell a Group Box Break, I'll be the first to join in :)

that is a possibility... but...

(don't you just hate those buts?)

how would we break it down?

there are three autographs and two game-used (along with seven base cards)

To help with the shipping cost I would round the box up to $90.00 each.

I could do five (5) spots at $18.00 each, but then you would have to decide which three members would get the autographs and which two members would get the game-used... and then... what to do with the Base Cards.

Of course we could do two boxes and still have five spots at $36.00 each, and we would end up with six autographs and four game-used (and 14 base cards).

The break down would be all members would get an autograph and then then one member would get another autograph, while the remaining four members would get game-used. (I would have to suggest using a randomizer to pick which member would get the final autograph). Each member would also receive two base cards, with the remaining four cards to be given out my another randomizer.

Talk among yourselves... I'm all for a group break if we can get the people to join in.

...and any and all suggestions for how to run the box break will be appreciated!

that is a possibility... but...

I could do five (5) spots at $18.00 each, but then you would have to decide which three members would get the autographs and which two members would get the game-used... and then... what to do with the Base Cards.

Of course we could do two boxes and still have five spots at $36.00 each, and we would end up with six autographs and four game-used (and 14 base cards).

We could do a Draft on all 30 teams, Random the spots for first pick, draft till all teams are gone, or if uneven, Random the rest!

For $36 a spot I would rather pick up something else in product than two boxes of the same!

I'm in for a Box Break!

The problem with using a Draft... there are only a total of 12 cards in the box.

Chances are... more than one person would pay to join in and NOT get anything. Then what would we do? I don't want to have disgruntled members because they pay for something and get nothing.

Or am I missing how the Draft would work? I have never done one before.

You can't do a team draft with this product, as a lot of the players would be still undrafted by the NHL. The autos are not necesarrily the best hits in the packs, as many of the game used are sick multi-color patches, or jersey pieces, and often numbered really low, so the best way would be to have 5 spots per box, and do a randomizer before the break as to who picks 1st to 5th. If there is any extra hits do another randomizer between the 5 to see who gets it. You could also do that for all the base cards, and send them to one person. If you were to do 2 boxes, do what I said for the first box, and whoever gets 5th pick, picks 1st from box 2. Whoever picks 1st in box 1 picks 5th in box 2. This would only work of course if the same 5 people bought spots in both box breaks.

Troy, you are saying this then:

We need five members to sign up. Then use a randomizer to decide who would pick first, second, etc...

Then the seven base would be determined using a randomizer.

Is that about the just of it?

*** Cost would be $18.00 per slot ***

Troy, you are saying this then:

We need five members to sign up. Then use a randomizer to decide who would pick first, second, etc...

Then the seven base would be determined using a randomizer.

Is that about the just of it?

*** Cost would be $18.00 per slot ***
That would work, and this way you should fill up fast with only 5 spots to sell. I'll do a spot.

A multi-colored McKinnon, McDavid, Druin, or Jones patch /6 would far out-value any no-name auto.

of course! so it would be VERY possible that the member to pick first would take a multi-colored patch /6 (or even /99 for that matter) versus a last pick of the draft.
Is a box break still possible then?

Back