2009 SP Authentic - worrying thoughts....

scotsman

Bench Warmer
Not sure if anyone is bothered but here goes......

Having checked out many busts on a few sites and our own I have a few concerns:
1. Redemptions - too many redemptions but more worried about those for cards that are also live. Will they ever be signed and sent? The numbering is bizarre on the redemption cards , eg #/929 - does that mean 70 signed and live???
2. The 1/1s - Stafford and Davis are the only ones out there. So, after nearly 1 week only 2 which is a record low. And even then the UD quality control ensures the full NFL logo does not fit ! eg. http://cgi.ebay.com/MATTHEW-STAFFOR...ZViewItemQQptZUS_Football?hash=item19ba100af0
3. Box collation - certainly seen a few breaks whereby a case is full of boxes containing numerous hits of one team ( we had a few - either in the autos or rc's). If there are 6 "hits" and 3 are Raiders then ouch.
4. The prices on eBay are very low this year, eg Pettigrew RPA $20, Butler $9, Robiskie $16, Turner $15, Smith $15 , Iglesias $16, Williams $9, Jackson $13 - this after less than one week! Wow. Very few above $50 which is great for collectors but likely to drive down box prices IMO.
5. The By The Letter autos- eg Reggie Wayne - "C" numbered 5/8 - eh? Colts =5 letters, Why 8. Bledsoe "T" 3/3 ??It's manufactured!!!
6. I so want to bust a case but my sensible head says buy them off eBay (forget the buzz of busting) and get the lot for less than a case.

Anyone else have any thoughts? Sorry for the long post.

I think UD is doing what they did last yr holding cases back . The better stuff will show up in a few months . Just like the Mendenhall last yr.

They could be Ernie but if it doesn't sell better now I think they may well find the market has gone as 2010 products will be here by then.

Looks like ebay is the only way to go. I wouldn't touch the stuff unopened. It is a very worrying trend about cards in general. Because the economy has had such a negative effect on secondary market prices, the companies had better set those SRPs substantially lower in 2010 or 2011, or people just won't buy the stuff.

Our case didn't have a rookie patch auto #/499 either I believe. So no incentive to anyone to bust one. Stafford gold autos non -rc variety going for less than $100 BIN. That was prob our case hit too.

It would make sense to send the early boxes out loaded with redemptions. The early boxes get busted by resellers & people wanting to complete the sets fast. If all the box/cases (now & later) are going to have this many redemptions thier not gonna be worth much after the redemption period ends. A lot of the cases I've seen have 50% or more in hit's that are redemptions. With the problems UD has been experiencing not sure I would want to have a bunch of them out there waiting to be redeemed.

I understand exactly what your saying. The collation was kind of crappy with it being team oriented and the redemptions are horrible. I believe they will make all the patch autos and they just couldn't get them back in time from the players. Now if you want to bust a case I say go for it. Our case was solid we did get a SP patch numbered to 499 it was Knowshon Moreno plus some other nice hits. As far as doubles I don't believe we got any as far as rookies and autographs. So that would be good in your case, but as always you could get a whole hell of a lot more progress just picking up singles off ebay expecially with the prices they are going for.

I think the Letters are numbered per letter. So if the Wayne is limited to 8, there are 8 of each letter. So 40 total. I know they have done this in the past, but I cant confirm it this year.

Back