1997 "Showdown in Titletown" Sets

IQless1

Bench Warmer
I'm selling some of my Shopko Green Bay Packer team sets. I worked for them in the late 90's and picked several different sets up whenever I found them for sale. I wish I could have gotten more. I wish I had bought those tiny Favre figures too, but I didn't. Just a year or two later they were going for $35, and I could have bought a hundred and fifty of them for $200 lol...Believe me when I say I agonized for weeks over whether or not to buy them all, but I wasn't a collector of those things so I didn't and I still regret that decision. Oh well, at least I was able to get these. ;)

This set is a 22-card product featuring the Dallas Cowboys and the Green Bay Packers, focusing on an upcoming game slated for November 23rd, 1997. There are 11 cards for each team, formatted in a split-image, one Cowboy card being one half the image, one Packer card being the other half, front and back each. The front images are of a particular player, the back images are stats and other info along with superimposed logos.

I have researched these extensively and can't find a set available anywhere. I have found cans with 6 cards within, but you'd have to be really lucky to buy enough to complete actual sets, and it'd cost you a lot of $$$ doing so. I've also found singles, at varying prices, but again: no sets. As such, I'm asking for $120.00 a set, shipping being an additional $5. There are three sets available, and I'm not limiting buyers to one set. I'm saving the fourth for myself though.

I might accept trade, but the BV must be at $180, and shipping of $5 must also be included. Shipping prices are for the continental 48 states only. Other states and countries will be quoted a shipping price individually.

Images of the front and back of each # 1 card below:
Showdown in Titletown.jpg

Thanks.

Here's an older link (2012?) that lists prices for individual cards in the set. The total $$$ for all 22 cards is roughly $35.

http://millercards.net/footballcardprices.php?set=3904

I'm in no hurry to sell/trade these, but I can drop my price a bit...to $90, shipping to continental U.S. included. Trades negotiable, but $4 for shipping must be included in the deal. Packers preferred, but autos and GU from any sport or non-sport are acceptable.

Now, go ahead and TRY to find all 22 cards. Even if you manage that feat, which could take years, don't forget to factor-in the costs of shipping 'em all individually.

Good luck. ;)

Back