Hockey 1959-60 Topps Hockey Cards

S

SCF Sports News

1959-60 Topps Hockey highlights just the teams from the United States. Although there are no major rookies, the 66-card set does have Gordie Howe, Bobby Hull and other stars.

More...

Not the best card set ever made as it was lacking any rookies, but I've always wanted to pick up a nice copy of the Bobby Hull, and Gordie Howe cards from this set. Just like the looks of those two for some reason.

Rookies or no rookies, I think this is a great set. Clean and crisp design and small enough to where a collector could build it himself. Looks like the Hull and Hose cards sell pretty high. Anywhere from $150 to a grand. I like the simple design.

Rookies or no rookies, I think this is a great set. Clean and crisp design and small enough to where a collector could build it himself. Looks like the Hull and Hose cards sell pretty high. Anywhere from $150 to a grand. I like the simple design.

Yep, those two are pretty pricey, which is definitely why I haven't picked them up yet. :( Some day I hope to be able to afford nice graded copies of these and some from other years as well. The old dream is still alive! I'm really starting to lean towards the older stuff now, as I'm bored with the new shiny, over-priced stuff. You can never go wrong with vintage, and a lot of it is affordable.

Back