Racing #18 JGR Penalized For Infraction During Practice

ranbethscards

NASCAR products are back baby!!!!! oh yeah!
per jayski.com:

#18 JGR Team Penalized For Rule Infractions: NASCAR announced penalties and fines to the #18 team that competes in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series, as a result of rule infractions at Michigan International Speedway. The #18 Toyota was found to be in violation of Sections 12-1 (actions detrimental to stock car racing); 12-4J (any determination by NASCAR officials that the race equipment used in the event does not conform to NASCAR rules); and 20-2.3A (improperly attached weight) of the 2012 NASCAR rule book. The infraction occurred during practice on Aug. 18. As a result of the violation, crew chief Dave Rogers has been fined $25,000 and placed on NASCAR probation until Oct. 3. In addition, car chief Wesley Sherrill has been placed on NASCAR probation until Oct. 3.(NASCAR Integrated Marketing Communications)(8-21-2012)

Really? During practice? Guess that's why no points were taken away...but really...earlier this year Jeff Gordon was interviewed (during practice) while drinking a COKE. Isn't Pepsi his sponsor? I didn't see NASCAR slapping Jeff's hands for that! (Yeah, not the same...but come-on, if NASCAR is going to nit-pick...then let's go after everyone and everything!)

I agree.especially the gordon issue because there has been other athletes who have been caught drinking their sponsors competitors stuff and they end up being released from their contracts.

I'm pretty sure if they are at the Coke Zero 400 for example, the race sponsor would have samples all over the garages, pits, and hospitality tents for the crews, and drivers. Technically, all the drivers would have access to Coke even Gordon, Junior etc. Just because Keselowski drives for Miller doesn't mean he can't enjoy another beverage at the track other than beer. For years Gatorade sponsored the winners circle, and it was customary for the driver to hop out of his car, and take a huge swig of Gatorade (Gatorade Circle Of Champions). All the Coke drivers I'm sure have drank it in victory ane one time, or another. I'm sure Carl Edwards has eaten Mr Sub at one time, and Jamie McMurray has eaten at Burger King?

...Just because Keselowski drives for Miller doesn't mean he can't enjoy another beverage at the track other than beer...

We stopped having Card Shows at the "old" Holiday Inn (Jackson, Michigan) a few years back when the Hotel was sold to some off-brand name (Avalon).

Our biggest and best shows were on Race Weekend. At that time, Holiday Inn was the place that the drivers and crew stayed. Yes, most have those Million Dollar Coaches now, but back then the majority stayed at the Holiday Inn.

Anyways after the Saturday Busch Race and a few laps of the Sprint Cup Practice there was a ruckus in the pool/bar area. Pictures were being taken and autographs being given.

Several crew members, owners and drivers were partaking in libations and just enjoying their time with fans.

Several of the Miller Lite crew members and Penske Staff (all wearing the Miller Lite crew shirts or polo shirts with the Miller Lite logo) were sitting back telling stories, signing autographs, and drinking BUD LIGHT.

I don't understand why these teams try to bend the rules? They know darn well that their car will be stripped down by nascar inspectors each race, and checked, and double checked. It makes no sense to me why the continue to try, and cheat? They are gonna get caught, it's inevitable.

Back