#1 Sports Illustrated FT - For Nolan Ryan!

jdthakid36

Bench Warmer
I was given a Sports Illustrated Volume #1 Issue #1, dated August 16, 1954. I have the envelope it came in (which is in bad shape), but the magazine itself is in fairly good condition. It also has all the cards (they're paper) intact inside and in great condition. I have heard they have sold for over $225, and one just sold for $200 on February 1st! If I can get some nice Ryan's I would consider trading it off, but I will be picky with how much trade value and what I will take for it. I would possibly consider a combination of things, as long as I get some Ryan's I need. I probably won't let it go for less that $300 in trade. We'll see how this thread goes and if it works out someone could get a nice piece of history in there collection Thanks, JOSH

SportsIllustrated1.jpg

jd,
I don't have any Nolans that you don't already have....but I just wanted to say that the magazine is definately a nice piece to have in your collection.

BAM

BAM1984 said:
jd,
I don't have any Nolans that you don't already have....but I just wanted to say that the magazine is definately a nice piece to have in your collection.

BAM

Thanks. I have gone back in forth for a while now, and I just figured picking up cards of my idol would mean more than the magazine. The S.I. would be worth more in someone else's collection than mine, you know? It's pretty cool to have something like that, though, I totally agree. Thanks again for the reply,

Josh

Interested but I don't have any Ryans for you. Sorry. BTW, I noticed you're from Bumpass. I have a friend that lived there. Do you know Stephen Lipka?

scittlz said:
Interested but I don't have any Ryans for you. Sorry. BTW, I noticed you're from Bumpass. I have a friend that lived there. Do you know Stephen Lipka?

It seems like most people don't have any Ryan's I need...lol. I live in Bumpass, but I was born and raised in Mechanicsville, VA. My wife and I moved out here when we got married 3 years ago. I don't really know anyone out here...and we're actually trying to sell our house and move back to the 'ville. Ask your friend if he knows anyone looking to move out here...

As for the SI, I would consider some trade bait, depending on what it is. It would have to be some stuff that would potentially land me some Ryan's I need. LMK. Thanks,

Josh

BAM1984 said:
jd, I don't have much in my bucket but if you find something I would be interested in a trade

BAM

There was a couple of things I could've used, but not enough for the SI. Thanks though,

Josh

Back