Wow - An e-mail from a Card Company owner

Krusin

retired hippie
I was in a GB w/Rob (GiantsFan) & one other person on blowouts site & we hit a dud box in a dud case. Rob got the best hit from all 3 boxes. The box I was in had a Barry Sanders auto'd full size helmet that Rob picked up, I had 2nd pick in the box & the best available was a base of Lebron from Exquisite. I was what ever I'm still ahead thanks to my other breaks.
The owner of the company happened to be watching the breaks from this case & needless to say he was assaulted. Fast forward to today & this e-mail I just received, hope Rob got one also as he had 2 of the 4 spots.

Benjamin,

Matt informed me that you were in on that break from yesterday with the Barry Sanders helmet. I was in watching the break, and I am in agreement with some of the other customers that the case was too light and below our standards.

I take full responsibility as I hand correlate the entire run myself. I will always admit when we've made a mistake and make up for it when the situation permits. In this instance, I think we made a mistake as either the Trout auto or the DiMaggio auto should have been a larger case hit instead. Trying to create 200 cases that will make everyone happy with many of them being of a larger value is more challenging than I could have ever imagined.

I'm flying to Bristol, CT today as ESPN has asked me to come out and feature Heroes on their show Mint Condition. When I'm back in the office on Monday we're going to Fedex a package to Matt with some items to randomize and give away to the guys in the break.

I'm always available if you need anything or have any questions,

Will J

I didn't ask for anything so anything will be appreciated. Hey Rob did you get this e-mail? I'll let the site know what happens.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had emailed him yesterday just to give him my thoughts on the product (good and some bad) and we proceeded to have a great email conversation. I was not trying to ask him for anything but I thought I would provide him with feedback. I can't imagine how hard it is to put something like this together and make sure all cases have good cards while still having some huge hits and making money for the company. I kind of feel bad though accepting something when I did get a Barry helmet but that case was bad and the other card I got was terrible. I guess I will play it out next week. He did not at all have to do this but I understand why he is. It's a smart business move on his part.

Not expecting anything, so anything's a surprise, Matt was gigglee with anticipation this after noon but didn't reveal anything.

This is my 2K post

Update on what happened with this for those that were interested. The guy with Hero's of Sport sent the following 8 items to be given out to those that were in the break & did a random draft, Rob GiantFan got 4th position, I got 7th.

2012 Triple Threads 1/1 Trent Richardson 4 piece patch BGS 9.5

2012/13 UD SPA Michael Jordan By the Letter Auto BGS 9.5

1992 Perez-Steele M.W PSA/DNA Ted Williams Auto 420/10,000

2012 Leaf Valiant Yasiel Puig Auto

Cal Ripken Jr. PSA/DNA GM MT 10 Auto Baseball

PSA/DNA Cert Mickey Mantle/Stan Musial Auto Photo

PSA/DNA Cert Nolan Ryan/Pete Rose Auto Photo

Stan Musial PSA/DNA Autograph Cardinals Jersey

Rob took the Ted Williams auto in 4th, by the time it got to me the Rose/Ryan Photo & the Cal Ripken ball was left, I took the ball. Very nice gesture by Hero's of Sport & I know it helped his cred with Blowout. I'm happy with the ball, that was the closest I've ever came to getting an MJ piece but random.org just wasn't with me, he did the random 15 times, I had 1st place on the 14th but alas the number was 15 on this one.

Bud, it was an awesome gesture by the HOS founder. Also, that is why I look away when he is randomizing. I don't want to see my name on top and then gone for the final click. :)

I'm happy with the Williams auto!

impressive stuff, I didn't know balls got graded now too, I thought they just certed them

the grading on the ball is for the signature mostly I think. Where the sig is located, clarity, etc...

Back