Football WoooooHoooo! Patrick Willis Signs 5 Yr Extension

Agreed. The first good personnel decision the Niners have made when it comes to extensions/restricted signees since the York's took over. They've let several players walk after their rookie contract was up. Here's hoping they pay Vernon Davis and Abruyo Franklin!

Figured with James Harrison and DWare getting locked up the last couple years those were the terms he needed and got. Good for him and the niners organization

Pro Bowl 1st 3 seasons in the league, lead the league in tackles in 2 of the 3 yrs he played and was 2nd in 08. Won the Butkus Award last yr for the leagues best LB. I may be a bit of a Homer, but for a 3 year stretch there has been none better!

moosehead said:
Pro Bowl 1st 3 seasons in the league, lead the league in tackles in 2 of the 3 yrs he played and was 2nd in 08. Won the Butkus Award last yr for the leagues best LB. I may be a bit of a Homer, but for a 3 year stretch there has been none better!

He is a great ILB for sure that is what they do. It is an apples and oranges debate. He may be the best ILB in the NFC. Thes best OLB is DWARE in the NFC

PRO BOWLS mean nothing. It is a fan vote and ocne you are in chances are you will be voted in for awhile

I think Ware is by far and away one of the best defensive players in the game. That being said kinda hard to compare him to Willis as he's a Rush LB in a 3-4 scheme. He'll never come close to Willis' tackle numbers or pass defense numbers ie pass break ups or int's. But Willis won't ever touch DWare's sack numbers or qb pressure numbers. It really is an apple or oranges debate with those 2.

wheeler281 said:
He is a great ILB for sure that is what they do. It is an apples and oranges debate. He may be the best ILB in the NFC. Thes best OLB is DWARE in the NFC

PRO BOWLS mean nothing. It is a fan vote and ocne you are in chances are you will be voted in for awhile

moosehead said:
I think Ware is by far and away one of the best defensive players in the game. That being said kinda hard to compare him to Willis as he's a Rush LB in a 3-4 scheme. He'll never come close to Willis' tackle numbers or pass defense numbers ie pass break ups or int's. But Willis won't ever touch DWare's sack numbers or qb pressure numbers. It really is an apple or oranges debate with those 2.

hmmm heard that before lol. That is why you can't just say best LB in the league as a generality was all I was sayin.

He's not really a LB though, he's basically a DE. How many plays is he in pass coverage? I bet less that 5 a game! P.S.- that was me agreeing with ya ;)

moosehead said:
He's not really a LB though, he's basically a DE. How many plays is he in pass coverage? I bet less that 5 a game! P.S.- that was me agreeing with ya ;)

I know you were agreeing with me lol. He is so dominant he gets to roam that was my point. Not many outside guys get too. I could always use James Harrison but again and outside guy and not even drafted(which is even more impressive)

2× Super Bowl champion (XL, XLIII)

3× Pro Bowl selection (2007, 2008, 2009)-meaningless to any upper brass decision makers

2× All-Pro selection (2007, 2008)

2008 AP NFL Defensive Player of the Year

Longest return by defensive player in a Superbowl. Maybe the most spectacular play in Superbowl history

There are just so many variables I would never say he is the best in the league maybe OLB in the AFC.. Niether could do what each of the other 2 can do.

hard to make a valid argument from any against the other, but the bottom line is........ I have a man crush on Willis. Whew, felt good to get that off my chest ;)

Back