Register or log in to remove this ad.

Will probably have to fire someone tomorrow

bamasa37sb34

Bench Warmer
For my summer job, I'm a manager for a group at a state park that builds trails, does maintenance, etc. around the park. This one girl has pretty much sucked since day one. She doesn't do much of anything except sit on her ass or give minimal effort, while the other five of us are toiling away in the 90+ degree heat. The guy above has given me the green light to let her go tomorrow if needed. Never had to fire anyone before, and it'll suck since this is a summer job and she probably needs the money for school and junk. Oh well..........her loss:boohoo:

bamasa37sb34

Bench Warmer
is she hot? if so keep her, if not kick her to the curb.

No, not hot at all. Chubby......:ban:

But, yeah, like Phil said she has no one to blame but herself. Everyone in the group has complained about her at least once and she hardly does anything I tell her to (you know, that pesky "work" stuff:doh:).

GiantFan

Rookie

But, yeah, like Phil said she has no one to blame but herself. Everyone in the group has complained about her at least once and she hardly does anything I tell her to (you know, that pesky "work" stuff:doh:).

Tell her you will let her keep her job if she provides you with "oral favors" on a daily basis. :cheers:

Poopy Pants

Prospect
Ive had the pleasure of firing a temporary worker. Sometimes when we do out of town jobs, we hire temps from a staffing service. One guy was just not cutting it. The thursday before memorial day, we let him go. I told him that since we were going to be working a short day that Friday, he could go ahead and have a 4 day weekend. I let him go home to a message on his answering maching from the staffing service telling him he was off the job:D So not quite a firing because I couldnt just tell him he was fired.....Im too nice.

seahawks4ever

Bench Warmer

nothing wrong with a little chub! :cheers:

but there is something wrong if she isn't pulling her weight at the job. Summer job or not, sitting on your can watching everyone else work is like begging to get fired.

Do this: When she sits down tomorrow, tell her that as long as she is sitting there she still has a job but as soon as she gets up, she is fired.

bamasa37sb34

Bench Warmer
nothing wrong with a little chub! :cheers:

but there is something wrong if she isn't pulling her weight at the job. Summer job or not, sitting on your can watching everyone else work is like begging to get fired.

Do this: When she sits down tomorrow, tell her that as long as she is sitting there she still has a job but as soon as she gets up, she is fired.

By chubby I mean fat. By fat, I also mean ugly........but, yeah, probably won't go that route for the firing, but it is fun to think about:dance:

seahawks4ever

Bench Warmer
By chubby I mean fat. By fat, I also mean ugly........but, yeah, probably won't go that route for the firing, but it is fun to think about:dance:

oh well then in that case, fire the cow.:salut:

I want to fire someone like that because I want to see how long she sits there, absolutely embarassed and humiliated.

I'm a very bad person stuck in a nice persons body...:lollol:

scrappy

Bench Warmer
well she got the job obviously because she needed the money

maybe she doesn't need it that bad anymore

she did it to herself, as much as firing someone sucks. it sounds like a Parks and Recreation job, ours is a city job through the union, so if yours is make sure you do it right or she could have your job

lumm0x

Rookie
I love firing people. I'm great at it.

Here's my personal favorite. Line everyone up against a wall. Ask everyone that works there to take one step forward. When she does too say "oh not you, you don't work here anymore". :lollol:

jeffmu

Bench Warmer
In my prior career, I fired close to 50 people, and nothing hurts more than having to do it to someone who gave all the effort they had, but just couldn't produce the desired results.
As others have said, she made the choice herself, those were the easy ones, and, relatively speaking, the ones that were more enjoyable:D

andy

Collector Planet Original

Here's my personal favorite. Line everyone up against a wall. Ask everyone that works there to take one step forward. When she does too say "oh not you, you don't work here anymore". :lollol:

AWESOME

ebsoria

Bench Warmer

Nice.. emarass her AND breka her heart.

sliqwill

Veteran
i couldnt tell you how many times i tried to get myself fired from my division on the ship, most of the guys i worked were had no concept of 'work' thing is the boss knew that i was on top of things...another ship was going to deploy a month after us and they were short tomahawk guys, i requested to go, wouldnt let me...3 times i asked to be sent to hazmat (a job reserved for the people that arent wanted on a rotating basis by department) before i finally got sent down there...the guys in hazmat loved having me because i wasnt a departmental idiot like they usually got...spent the last 7 months on the ship there...did i mention it was on a 3 month rotation :rambo:

if i ever need a reference from 'management' on the ship, it would be with the hazmat guys, not my division, not because i sucked in my division, but because they sucked...

but yeah, never fired anyone, never been fired, but i did send people home without telling the boss when i was slinging grease

bamasa37sb34

Bench Warmer
She was fired today, we are all against her, she cried, we are all against her, she's an extremely hard worker, we are all against her, her mom is coming to talk to one of the main park rangers tomorrow, we are all against her. Unfortunately for her, the park ranger is against her too......don't think we'll be seeing her lazy ass anytime soon.