Why I hate the NBA

here is a clip from an article I was reading on Sportsline

AUBURN HILLS, Mich. -- You knew it would eventually come to this. Cleveland's LeBron James would get tired of his incompetent teammates and try to beat the Detroit Pistons all by himself. You knew it would happen. You just didn't know if he could do it.

Turns out ... he could.

LeBron beat the Pistons 109-107 in double overtime Thursday night, giving the LeBrons a 3-2 lead in the Eastern Conference finals, which LeBron can end Saturday at home in Cleveland.

The bolded part of the article is why I hate the NBA , you see because of the salary cap restrictions there will NEVER EVER be any real ball played anymore. It will always be a one or two man/team game. AND THAT SUCKS !

Any league that ONE player can get a coach fired is pathetic. Why do they even have coaches? Phil Jackson gets all this credit for the Bulls but damn man I could have coached that team to a few championships.

actually Kobe is currently the best scorer in the game, no offense to Lebron's first superstar performance.
Fixed for you :)

Unfortunately, the MVP is a regular season award. I'm not trying to sound like an idiot here, but were you complaining when Manning won two MVPs and didn't get to the super bowl?

Fixed for you :)

Unfortunately, the MVP is a regular season award. I'm not trying to sound like an idiot here, but were you complaining when Manning won two MVPs and didn't get to the super bowl?

Point 1 see Alan's note about 1 player able to win and lose a game in the NBA, a quarterback with as much impact as he has does not have the influence that one superstar has on a game in basketball.

Point 2 all arguements against Manning are mute as he has one a title, Dirk gets shut down by the random journeyman and will never win a title as the man on a basketball team.

I thought Nash should've won MVP. You can't really shut down Nash. You can keep him for scoring from time to time, but you can't keep him from making rediculous passes to get buckets from everybody on that team.

Yet they play different positions...

How can you expect Shaq, a former MVP award winner, to guard Kobe. Or what about 2 time winner Duncan to guard Kobe.

Most valuable to the team. Lebron has a shot, but Kobe doesn't. Kobe isn't valuable to the team, because he doesn't play like he has got a team.

I definatly agree that Dirk doesn't deserve it, but I would've definatly given it to Nash.

"Many have concluded that Nash is not the best skill player in the league and probably not in the top three from the short list of MVP candidates that were mentioned late in the year. While unique cases could be made for Kobe Bryant, LeBron James or even Dirk Nowitzki, Steve Nash was most deserving of this honor. The MVP award signifies the player that is most valuable to his team. Yes, each of the other finalists are the best players on their respective teams, but do they get the most out of their teammates like Steve Nash has this year?"

Read that somewhere, it was from last year. But, the same applies for this year as well..

How can you expect Shaq, a former MVP award winner, to guard Kobe. Or what about 2 time winner Duncan to guard Kobe.

Most valuable to the team. Lebron has a shot, but Kobe doesn't. Kobe isn't valuable to the team, because he doesn't play like he has got a team.

I definatly agree that Dirk doesn't deserve it, but I would've definatly given it to Nash.

"Many have concluded that Nash is not the best skill player in the league and probably not in the top three from the short list of MVP candidates that were mentioned late in the year. While unique cases could be made for Kobe Bryant, LeBron James or even Dirk Nowitzki, Steve Nash was most deserving of this honor. The MVP award signifies the player that is most valuable to his team. Yes, each of the other finalists are the best players on their respective teams, but do they get the most out of their teammates like Steve Nash has this year?"

Read that somewhere, it was from last year. But, the same applies for this year as well..

Nash cannot guard anyone, and he bleeds like a bitch and he will never win a title either.

my post should have read like this Nash cannot defend.

Dirk also cannot defend.

Kobe or LeBron should have been MVP.

Point 1 see Alan's note about 1 player able to win and lose a game in the NBA, a quarterback with as much impact as he has does not have the influence that one superstar has on a game in basketball.

Point 2 all arguements against Manning are mute as he has one a title, Dirk gets shut down by the random journeyman and will never win a title as the man on a basketball team.

Point 1- good point.
point 2- I am saying BEFORE he won the title. The two MVPs he won were in years where he personally was embarassing in the playoffs. What did you think then?

Point 1- good point.
point 2- I am saying BEFORE he won the title. The two MVPs he won were in years where he personally was embarassing in the playoffs. What did you think then?

he lost to teams that eventually won the super bowl not golden state, and one game was in a blizzard

Back