Why has Byron Leftwich NOT been signed yet???

thepistonsfan

Bench Warmer
I am COMPLETELY shocked that he has not been picked up yet. Yes, I know the guy is fragile, but he is still worth the risk IMO. He is better than at least 1/3 of the current starting NFL QBs! Plus he was named the UNDISPUTED starter in Jacksonville for the entire year up until 8 days before the regular season? What gives?? There has to be something that we are not being told. I simply don't understand.

-Lonnie

BTW - If you are going to come in here and say that he has not been signed purely because he "sucks", please refrain from posting. I genuinely want to know what the hell is going on with Lefty's situation. Thanks.

Honestly, the timing was a huge bust for him. Most teams have already invested the entire preseason and training camp in a younger guy, teaching him the playbook, etc.

I think he would be an instant improvement in Cleveland, Atlanta, Oakland, but it is a risk handing a team to a guy who is fragile and has no chemistry with his teammates.

I heard somewhere (not too sure where though) that he was offered a deal with Baltimore, but wanted more money. Maybe that's an issue. Plus, why bring in a guy at this point who does not know the offense, the players, or anything like that? Like Andy said, the timing sucked:doh:

To answer your question without saying he sucks I'll ask you a question..........."What team other than Atlanta has a QB that is worst than Lefty in your opinion ?" Because honestly I can't for the life of me see anywhere he can go and not just be a back up and even have a chance to beat the starter out at any point this season.

Raiders ? They have Culpepper.
Miami ? Trent Green
Browns ? Brady Quinn and their not trying to win now anyway.
Tampa Bay ? They already have 4 back ups.
Buffalo ? Trent Edwards
Jets ? According to ESPN the Kellen Clemens Era is gonna start this sunday.

So to me this is why the guy doesn't have a job and to be honest I think Aaron Brooks (yuk !) would get signed before Lefty would. Just my opinion , the guy is a statue and makes VERY bad throwing decisions besides being injured a lot. HE HAS GREAT HEART AND FORTITUDE THOUGH and to me that's admirable but it doesn't win games.

I was gonna post something util I saw the end of your post;)....just kidding......I really have no idea why he hasn't been scooped up yet......I completely agree with you though.....the guy is a lot more talented then some of the starting QB's in the league.....will keep my fingers crossed for you though:salut:

He wants to be a starter, and it seems most teams are set on who is starting. But there are some shakey situations, so I figure someone will drop the ball and Leftwich will come in.

BRIAN LEFWHICH IS THE ANSWER, ELE MANNINGS HAS NOT DONE GOOD IN GIANTS NEW YORK. LETS GET THIS GUY TO BE THE QUARTERBACK AND HAVE HIM THROW TO THE WIDE RECEIVERS!! GIANTS!!!!!!!!

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

Kinda like that guy over on the BMB who's posts make me cry everytime I read them. I need a secret decoder ring most times to figure out wth he is saying.

Back