Why do people insist on trading/selling by BV...

I hate it.. for example BGT has 3 Clayton rookie autos I would want but he wants book value for them, when they sell for a few bucks plus shipping. I would just buy them off eBay but I always forget too.

hate book value it is utterly useless.

It's especially bad with SPAs, because the book comes out so high on them, the cards cool off after a little while and the BVs stay in the $100+ range. They think trading $50 SV for $150 SV is fair because the BVs line up :doh:

well, some people need help in judging value. Book is generally a joke, but it is something in print they can hold onto.

I can understand maybe if it's a REALLY nice card or something.

I want to trade for two crappy Ken Darby cards from Finest. A base RC and something #/199. Dude won't consider trading until BV comes out.................................:doh:

as stated so they can go buy something for $50 that books $150 and trade it for something that sells for $125 and books $150:doh:

Exactly Twisty!! These are the same people that revert to sale value when it's their card that has favor in the BV/SV discussion. Trading sucks when you deal with anyone that over concerns themselves with values.

well the thing is if your trading for a card you go with trade value . no matter what the value is . some people go off of SV because thats what they can buy it for. IF your going by SV then thats how you trade everthing. IF your trading by BV then thats how you trade it all . If i paid 50.00 for a card last yr and its now selling for 15.00 but BV is 60.00 or more i want to get the BV out of it . I hate people telling me a card only sells for 50.00 on ebay and the BV is 100 or more i'm not selling the card i'm trading it thats a big diff to me. Look at trading as trading the book is a trading guide not a selling guide . ebay is a selling guide not a trading guide . But remember if a card jumps on ebay from 5.00 to 50.00 i'm not trading the card unless i'm trading for a higher value . soory for the long story :lollol:

Exactly Twisty!! These are the same people that revert to sale value when it's their card that has favor in the BV/SV discussion. Trading sucks when you deal with anyone that over concerns themselves with values.

thats why i havent attempted a trade over there in at least 2 years
those douches will try to trade you some straight up crap but if its in their favor they wont trade autos for gu or gu for rcs and so on

I resell my cards for the most part and I'm to the point that I typically try to get cards that are numbered /25 or less, just so there's usually no Book Value on it and the price varies on eBay.

The guys that I usually trade with around here all feel the same way. It's worth what it's worth to the buyer that way. I'm so fed up with Beckett under/over valuing cards. I just decide what I think they're worth and it's been a much better card hobby experience since I started doing it that way.

Back